Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Modified V vs. Flatbottom

Post Thanks / Like

Default Modified V vs. Flatbottom

After posting several questions about building up the transom on my 16'war eagle ldmv to accept a longer shaft motor I am considering just getting rid of it and buying my friends 1648 ALLWELd flatbottom that already has the 40 h.p. installed. I really like the set up on the war eagle better but it sounds like it would save me money in the long run. What do you guys think. The war eagle is a Modified V and the ALLWELD is a Flatbottom. What are some of the goods and bads of each. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

The War Eagle isn't a Mod-V, it has an 8 degree hull. A Mod-V has a V at the bow then goes to a complete flat bottom. The War Eagle is going to be a better ride easier to control than the Alweld flat bottom boat.

If you like the layout of the War Eagle better, then keep it and have the transom built up for a long shaft. It shouldn't be anymore than about $250-$300 tops to have the full width of the transom to 21" specs and not just a lift plate, which I would not have done.

Post Thanks / Like

if ure an older man, go with the mod vee the flat bottom will beat the hockey out of u
    Stinkies Daddy

Post Thanks / Like

+1 for keeping the War Eagle!!

Post Thanks / Like

I would keep the war eagle and have the transom built up.
    can't catch'em at home

Post Thanks / Like

I would also keep the War-Eagle also and just build up the transom like I posted in my other post. And it being a 8 degree hull will made it ride better.
    I sold a 17ft War-Eagle they have the 12 degree hull. And a better ride than yours. And have a War-Eagle 2072-LDSV and its going to be sold next. For a better riding boat.
    So if the ride is something that you are thinking of. Keep yours over a flat bottom . Or look for a boat that has a little more V to the bottom.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

I would say it depends on what kind of water you fish on. I mainly fish small shallow lakes (very rarely see anything over 20') that are full of those stump fields that Kentucky is famous for, so the flat bottom would work best for me. However, if you fish larger bodies of water, then the War Eagle would no doubt be better.

Even though they are very outdated and kinda rough looking, I really like the older tri-hull boats for crappie fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

I believe you will be happier with your WAR EAGLE