Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: westsam

Post Thanks / Like

Default westsam

I have a eagle Fish Mark 480 and have it mounted on the front of my boat with the transducer mounted on the trolling motor. I am getting a lot of interference from my trolling. Has anyone else had this problem if so can it be corrected somehow? If so how?
    Thanks for the help

Post Thanks / Like

not an expert here, but I believe you problem is your power source for the DF, if your using same power source as TM that's most likley the problem. Try powering your DF with you cranking battery........hope this helps
    Lost on Enid.......

Post Thanks / Like

My 480 has a fine line at 8 ft sometimes. I can turn the motor and it will go away. I can not find what is causeing that.???????? It is power by the cranking battery. Has anyone had this problem?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ground

Some Minn Kotas (mine) had this problem. Run a temporary wire from the skeg on the trolling motor to the negative post on your big motor battery to see if this is the problem. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with financeguy. I have a 480 mounted on my trolling motor but the power source is my cranking battery and I have not had any problems.
    Ken