Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: How to on crappie poles

Post Thanks / Like

Smile How to on crappie poles

We discuss trolling, shooting docks, rod lengths,etc. How about some discussion on poles,how to use,how to rig,uses of, can you troll with them?etc. I am the dumbest person about them, don`t even know how to rig one. thanks. possum1
    possum1
    Jack Mullins
    Psalms 46:1

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

You need to join us when we have a "Bash". then you can see the different ways of doing it. Meanwhile what kind of pole are you trying to rig and how do you normally fish? Boat, shore? You can troll with just about any setup.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Poles

I troll, long line, nite fish, bush fish and any other way I can catch them, here is a pic of my boat set up to troll in deep water, can simply remove weights to long line troll up to 10 rods. Boat has full enclosure so wind, cold, rain, etc.has little effect. I just want to add one more trick (poles) to my bag of tricks. thanks. possum1
    possum1
    Jack Mullins

Post Thanks / Like

that is one WIDE LOAD right there...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by possum1
    I troll, long line, nite fish, bush fish and any other way I can catch them, here is a pic of my boat set up to troll in deep water, can simply remove weights to long line troll up to 10 rods. Boat has full enclosure so wind, cold, rain, etc.has little effect. I just want to add one more trick (poles) to my bag of tricks. thanks. possum1
    Man those poles are bent over! How much weight do you have on them?

PB Wht. Crappie 2.48 lbs 02-12-2011

Post Thanks / Like

3ounces?

Post Thanks / Like

:D might have a fish on each one

al
    Fear me all ye that dwell beneath the waves

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like 1 ounce, I wonder how he keeps minners alive in that dirty bucket? Nice spread, I would push it out the front though! Spook less fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Spread

I am using 1.5 oz sinkers here, fishing 12 ft. deep in about 20ft. of water, pic taken in hot weather. I can turn on a dime, go right back up a gps trail, doesn`t seem to bother the fish, water is always dingy. In cold weather simply take off the weights, add flies tipped with minnows, run them as long lines, you can`t see it in this pic but boat is a walk thru windshield, has a full top and removable side curtains, close it up and winter ,rain, snow, wind, etc. are no bother. That is why I fish from the rear(pulling) not the front (pushing).Only keep a few minnows at a time in that old bucket, have a aerated cooler up front to keep them in.
    Now about the poles, how do you rig them? Can you use a reel ? How do you adjust line depth, etc. Thinking about pushing about 6 poles from front sometimes. Thanks for your help. possum1
    Oh yeah, add a small crankbait such as a Cordell spot lure to each of the 10 rods shown here, makes for a sweet crank trolling rig also.
    possum1
    Jack Mullins