Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KY lake - Big Sandy

Post Thanks / Like

Default KY lake - Big Sandy

Headed to the Big Sandy week of 3/28/05. What are my chances? Think they will be shallow by then?
    If you ain't tyin' - you ain't fryin'

Take a kid fishin'
    Scrap

Post Thanks / Like

Default help a new guy out

No one knows or your just not bitin' :D :p

Take a kid fishin'
    Scrap

Post Thanks / Like

Last reports I heard about the Big Sandy area were from Cane Pole who lives down there on the lake during the summer time and on weekends. He has a house right on the lake and a dock and fishs big sandy West all the time. He said he caught some in 14 ft of water if memory serves me right. Not sure what the lake level is right now but West Sandy gets pretty shallow where his boat dock is during the winter draw down. If the water level at KY lake is back up then his boat dock is in deeper water by now. I do know that it's a very shallow slope from his sea wall out into the water for some ways. BTW did Chris work on your Sea Wall Cane Pole? (just in case he reads this post)

Might post on the TN and KY state boards and see if you get any more information. I would also recommend that you check the lake level as I am sure that somewhere on the internet the lake levels should be recorded and posted. It's a TVA lake and maybe the TVA has a web site for that sort fo stuff.

Richard Williams AKA Weezer may start giving some fishing report on the Big Sandy crappie fishing if his back heals up so that he can get out and fish on windy days. Right now he is pretty well restricted to a calm lake condiditon so as not to agrivate his back. He has back surgery this winter and is recovering from the surgery.

Stop into the chat rooms at nights around 7 to 9 pm CST and see if Weezer or Cane Pole or Cahunta (Crhis) are hanging around in there and ask them about the fishing on Big Sandy yourself.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Default thanks

Thanks - great idea - I will stop in the chat room and the other boards

Take a kid fishin'
    Scrap

Post Thanks / Like

Scrap-cant Tell You About Big Sandy But I Know Alot Depends On The Weather Here! Here On The Hollow Some Were Staging Two Weeks Ago-then We Had A L O N G Cold Front!!sent Em Back To Deeper Water!water Temp Yesterday Was 45-48*,so We"ve Got A Ways To Go!!hope This Helped Some!!good Fishin To Ya!!dennis
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

Post Thanks / Like

Hey they are doing real good at the pumphouse up there at Big Sandy area close to the refuge. Goodluck and great fishing
    http://s94.photobucket.com/albums/l114/luckyshorses/?start=0[/url]
    Hook em and bring em in the boat.
    Boys look at them bouncing juggs lets get them in the boat.
    3 Bald Stooges of Percy Priest Lake SGT of Arms.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Big Windy, BIG BIG windy

Ok so maybe I wasn't holding my mouth right.....I fished Saturday after work and didn't even get a bite. Same thing Sunday morning. It was windy as all get out so I had to find a place out of the wind. I put in at the Britton Ford ramp. Saw a few fish caught along the north bank straight out from the boat ramp, (gravel bank that drops off quick into a creek channel) but I think pretty much everybody had a tough time, at least I hope it wasn't just me. If the weather would straightn out the bite should be a little better by the time you get here. Good Luck when you get here! I know I'm itching to catch some slabs!
    "To catch fish, you gotta be on the fish!"

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Scrap, we fish Big Sandy on a regular basis. Now, I'm sure that Paul and I are not of the caliber of Richard and Cane Pole, but we do okay. We'll be out there every weekend from now through mid April (got an Elks Lodge tournament April 9), so we'll try to keep you posted on the action. I've been the only woman to fish our local tournament for the past couple of years so I've gotta work hard not to be shown up by all those men. :D

If you want to check elevations, go to the TVA site: www.tva.com/river/elevations.htm. The Johnsonville reading will be closest one to Big Sandy and they will give current as wells as projected elevations for 3 days out.
    Vonna
    Yes, I fish like a girl. If you tried a little harder, you could too!!

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey Scrap

Go visit www.parislanding.com and read the fish reports in the area. There is a history file by Steve McAdams that you might want to review at that website too. Lots depends on the weather this time of the year here. Fish are loaded with eggs. If the weather is cold, fish deep, if it is warm, fish shallow. I will be up there at this same time as it is Spring Break for me. The water is still down at this time of the year here. Will gradually rise begining the first of April. Plenty of fish here, u just gotta get lucky, kinda... Where u planning to camp or stays?
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Have a guide trip tomorrow and will let you know who we do. Will try to post a fishing report tomorrow evening.
    Have a crappie day!:D [email protected]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast