Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 4lb Crappie in Clear Lake ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default 4lb Crappie in Clear Lake ?

One of my customers has a brother that lives on Clear lake. He went to visit him a couple of weeks ago and came back telling me about all the 4lb crappie in this lake. I dont want to holler BS , but he is known for streeeeeetching the truth to the max . Are 4 pounders as common here as he would have you believe ?

Post Thanks / Like

4 pounders aren`t common anywhere!

Post Thanks / Like

I know they grow some big ole bass out there, I was wondering if they had figured out how to grow big ole slabs without the big ole bass gettin' them first .

Post Thanks / Like

i can tell you for a fact its crap...the average crappie in clear lake are 3/4 to 1 1/2 pounds.. the state record for crappie in california are 4.1 and 4.8 for blackand white crappie respectively.. so if there was all these 4 lbers them records would be higher

Post Thanks / Like

Thats what I figured, full of it as always. Just like to have the facts before I holler "BS !!!!!!".

Post Thanks / Like

id be making regular trips to this clear lake if it were true..at the expense of my job,wife,etc lol.. 4 lb crappie yea right............

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Might not be a lot of 4lbers but i'm willing to go find out how many 3lbers are there.:D My personal best is 3.2lb and i'd like to try to top it.
    http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e2...n/IMG_0772.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Default clear lake

I have no idea, but clear lake grows some really big fish. Im always skeptical when someone tells about how big there fish are, espically me:D . We were out once fishing and came up on a float tuber. I asked him how the fishing was, he replied nothing and asked the same. I told him we only had one bite but didnt get him. We actually had 7 bass for 40# in the live well, but there was no way i was goint to tell. It was a good day. My best crappie was 2.25 or 2.3 and I cant imagine a 4#. I always though it would be neat to try and cross a nile perch with a black crappie .
    "Some days im Basstastic other days im crapptacular"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chaunc
    Might not be a lot of 4lbers but i'm willing to go find out how many 3lbers are there.:D My personal best is 3.2lb and i'd like to try to top it.
    http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e2...n/IMG_0772.jpg

Nice fish Chaunc...
    Sacred Heart of Mary, pray for us now, and at the hour of our death. AMEN
    For those who believe, no explanation is necessary....for those who don't, no explanation is possible
    For the sake of his sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and the whole world

underdogs catfish Guest

Happy Holidays good people! This is my first time at this site as I just stumbled upon it while Google searching crappie stuff. Saw the Clearlake thread and felt the overwhelming urge to chime in....so here I be...lol. I'm not too sure about records and such due to the fact many sites have conflicting weights and information, nor have I ever seen a 4# crappie come out of Clearlake, I would be willing to bet money (if I didn't spend it all on fishing) that there are more than one 4 pound crappie in this lake. I know for a fact, from experience, that you can catch 40+ and have only about 25% of those be smaller than 2.5 pounds and 15% be 3#+. There are slabbers in here....bass and kitties too. The abundance of bait fish is just phenomenal the past years and the game fish are finding them downright splendid! My boyfriend Underdog and I spend quite a bit of time gettin' our slab fix here as we are only a short trip away. We stay at a place called Indian Beach Resort in Clearlake Oaks. The fishing from there is fantastic the majority of the time and the docks are just right for action day and night. RIght now the two hotspots are Kono Tayee and Shag Rock, but we are boatless for now so we stick to the docks. We have met people from all over (had a blast with most of them too!) who are just amazed at the size of the crappie here. From what I gather lakes in the mid west or back east just don't have large crappie...to us they are all fun...although hookin' into a fattie is just the icing on it all.....k....'nuff blabbin', more eye candy...lol. Each and every one caught on a Fin-S Shad minnow jig in ice or albino/ice....although chartreuse and live minnows will getcha a limit as well. For the most part we are all about the C&R, but don't let it fool you...there has been a few breaded fillets in the pan before. Lol... you should see the look on peoples faces when you nail a 3#er, give it a peck, snap a pic and toss it back. No matter what we are official Crappaholics. Hope there's not a cure! Take care all...and much crappie luck to you and yours in the coming new year!

Awaiting the photo shoot in the VIP suite...

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/j...ofIMG_3036.jpg
    Underdog and I with samples...
    http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/j...ofIMG_4281.jpg
    Ken, one of the owners of Indian Beach Resort with a slab...
    http://img532.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mvi3972xj1.flv
    Hopefully a video of the threadfin insanity in early November...
    Sorry about the jumbleness of the images and size....I'm a dunce... Take care all!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast