Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tourney at Sanchris

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tourney at Sanchris

Wheres everybody at?Nobodys posted for a few days.I saw a flyer for a crappie tourney at sanchris on the 26th just curios how many from this forum was going.Also would a poorboy in a 17ft.jon boat look out of place among all the fancy boats.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by quickfire67
    Wheres everybody at?Nobodys posted for a few days.I saw a flyer for a crappie tourney at sanchris on the 26th just curios how many from this forum was going.Also would a poorboy in a 17ft.jon boat look out of place among all the fancy boats.

Not with a 25hp limit. I have only been there once. There were 43 boat trailors in the parking lot when I left that day. Out of the 43, probably 35 were aluminum boats
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

Post Thanks / Like

Same here. I like Sangchris but having motor over 25 HP and the wind the way it has been Sangchris is not a number one choice for me.
    Ranger375
    [email protected]
    North end of Lake Shelbyville

Post Thanks / Like

The Conservation Officer that patrols Sanchris said that he has seen 17" crappie taken from there. I just have an aluminum jon boat with a 9.9 and I really don't care what anyone else fishs out of. It is who can catch the crappie, not what boat they fish out of.
    Hey, Rudy, I am just about ready to put my boat in the water, in fact, I may do it this morning. Then, anytime we want to go, all we have to do it put our gear in the boat and go. But, it is supposed to be cold this week.
    I will be doing most of my fishing close to home with the gas prices being so high.

Wardy Guest

There is also a crappie series going on @ Sangchirs. 6 dates... 7th a "classic". Anyone can fish. Next date is the 19th. Check in @Sangchris Corner Bait shop near East Boat dock 6.00 am. 50$ per boat. 60% payback with 40% held back for "classic". Top three qualify. Aluminum jons are the norm @ the lake. 25 hp limit. Call Sanhchris Corner for details. Last date was the 5th with around 10lbs to win. The other tourney is the Springfild Crappie Club open buddy on the 26th. Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't been over there in two weeks. Does anyone know if they shut the plant down for an extended period? If they did, with this weather, I'm sure my shallow fish aren't there. If it's going to be 3 months like I heard, this lake is going to fish a lot like any other lake this spring.
    Steve

Post Thanks / Like

Wardy do you think there will be a lot of entries?I may go with my bro.-in-law.I'm pretty new to this crappie fishing but if there isnt going to be alot of entries I'll probably go.

Post Thanks / Like

Default 67

Wardy do you think there will be a lot of entries?I may go with my bro.-in-law.I'm pretty new to this crappie fishing but if there isnt going to be alot of entries I'll probably go.

The more entries the bigger the payout
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

Wardy Guest

Only 5 boats last date. It was still fun... more relaxed than the big events. Just check in, go fish, and be back at 2.oo pm. Ten boats would be great, that way third place will get their money back. Fishing has been decent... actually better in the last week or so. Water staying consistant so where ya got em yesterday.... good chance that the pattern will work again. Water is clearing up.... Hope to see a few of ya's...

wardy

Post Thanks / Like

This sounds like my kind of fishing tourney if its gonna be small.I havent been to one before and sounds like a good one to get my feet wet at.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast