Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Blood in The Boat!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Blood in The Boat!!

Gerrald "Bub" Williams has been my hunting and fishing buddy for 35 years and best friend since 5th grade. We have pulled enough bonehead stunts to fill a book. Back in the late 70's we bought an old Delta Marine bass boat and decided we were bass fisherman. We were fishing in the Wayne County NY Trophy Waters Tourneyment on Lake Ontario and its bays. We launched at 3:00 am ( first time ever) and after parking the truck, we noticed the back of the boat was sitting pretty low in the water. The old guy who ran the bait shop/launch came out and asked if the plug was in. Whats a plug, was our reply. After loading the boat back on trailer and getting boating 101 lesson we headed to East Bay to throw spinnerbaits per the old farts instructions. Still pitch black, with only headband lights on Bub hooks into monster fish. He fights fish for 10 minutes while we discuss how we are gonna spend our 1st place money in the Largemouth division. I asked him if I should get the net ready and endured 2 minute rant as to how real bass pro's 'lipped" the fish to minimize trauma to said fish. Bub finally slid paw down line and lipped 12 lb
    Largemouth Bowfin. Man, we honestly did not know that some fish have fangs. We resume fishing after Bub wrapped his thumb with duck tape, and did not catch a bass, but we still reminice about our first "bass tourney".

Post Thanks / Like

Thats one to remember for sure.I enjoy catching them though,pull hard and jump too.I have heard of some folks that eat em also.
    HEY,,WATCH THAT YELLOW ROD

Post Thanks / Like

lesson 101 in lipping a BOWFIN
    Let's go fishing.

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gonefishing
    lesson 101 in lipping a BOWFIN
    That's one lesson that won't need to be taught twice! LOL :D
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs