Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: the beast and its crew on wylie last night

Post Thanks / Like

Default the beast and its crew on wylie last night

hooked up with pete last night and me him and brian went above the buster boyd. fished from dark to one AM. the bite was sooo slow. we finally wound up with 38 or 39 crappie and half dozen or so catfish. most of em was average to small with a few slabs thrown in. pete also hooked into a nice fish that give him a real tussle. at first he thought it was a bass,, then a catfish,, when it finally come to the surface like a torpedo and slapped the water with its tail,, it was a big gar, about four ft long.. funny thing is,, it broke off and we thought it was lost, when one of the other rods went down. pete had it again, with a line that was wrapped around its snout. this time we got it to the net and hauled it aboard. it looked about four ft long and we estimated its weight at ten or 15 lbs. i took some photos of it and will post one when i get em back from the lab. the gar made a king sized mess out of pete and brians lines. had their lines all wrapped up in a real nice ball of monofilament. sorta looked like a wig phyllis diller might want to wear. brian, who is a new comer to this kind of crappie fishing wound up with 11, pete had about 25 and old rango had 2 fish. again i was fishing the dead sea. looks like im gonna have to move toward the front of the boat and sorta squeeze intween them boys. its disgusting to see em catching em and my end of the boat aint doing nothin but drowning minnows. makes me wanna stretch out and take a nap. they threatened to mutiny if i moved, so using better judgement, i stayed put and watched the show. somehow or another i need to figger a way to get myself up towards the front of the boat where the action is without it being too obvious what im doing. I think pete anticipated wearing me out again after so long an absence in the beast and did bring me a nice mess of spanish mackeral he caught at the coast. today ill be cooking em and will forget about the royal whupping he give me last night when im chowing down this afternoon and will be looking foward to the next trip out.
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Hey Rango, I reserve the right to confiscate any seat on my boat should the going get tough... LOL.Sound like Pete didnt miss a lick huh?That story makes me wonder if the fish that stole Bam Bam's rod wasnt a gar.I think it was a turtle though.Good luck next time out, whenever that is.Looks like some inclimate weather is headed our way.
    Commercial fishermen help feed the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Rango--here's a clever trick you could play on the crew. Next time you you set up, point the beast in the other direction. Then you'll be where the front usually is and they'll be sittin in the dead zone!
    One taste of the bait
    is worth the pain of the hook

clubeclectia.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like

im heading out again tomorrow night kunes, i like your idea a heap. does that mean if i barge up with someone, they gonna be in the dead sea?. you and i are barging up tomorrow. all these culations confuses me. i got me a couple cans of white krylon. im gonna paint a x on the water where they catching these slabs, and next time ill know where to put my end of the boat.

Post Thanks / Like

OK--so we're on for tomorrow? If you're bringin Brian I'm gonna see if my neighbor's kid wants to go. I don't worry about endin up in the dead zone when I barge up with you. I been there plenty before. Marty told me a way to get even. Next time ya get confused just ask me and I'll tell ya where to put your end of the boat...
    One taste of the bait
    is worth the pain of the hook

clubeclectia.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default i'm game

i'm game....can make it around 8:00 if you need another deckhand. let me know rango

Post Thanks / Like

sure thing tool,, we meeting at 8pm, same place we met at last time and got rained out. it'll be me, you brian and jerry in the beast. we gonna barge up with kunes. kunes, ive already been given the advice on where to put my end of the boat. geez,, im the boats captain,, somehow i gotta get control of this gang and get em headed in the right direction....

slab_seeker Guest

Rango I'm not sure about mutiny but there does seem to be a lot of disrespect for the captain. You might want to rethink the wine and dress code idea and get a new crew that respects the CAPTAIN.

Quote Originally Posted by rango
    sure thing tool,, we meeting at 8pm, same place we met at last time and got rained out. it'll be me, you brian and jerry in the beast. we gonna barge up with kunes. kunes, ive already been given the advice on where to put my end of the boat. geez,, im the boats captain,, somehow i gotta get control of this gang and get em headed in the right direction....

Post Thanks / Like

Rango, thanks for puttin a report bout last night.....never got around to it....an idea for your next trip is for u to carry a knife or a pair of pliers......anytime someone hooks up with a fish, you cut the line until they get pissed off enough til they quit fishing.....then the boat is all yours :D

as far as last night....that was probably one of the biggest gar that i have ever landed. must i add in that all this mumbo jumbo that Rango keeps talkin about gettin all cozy at the back of the beast and missing fish is not true.....rango was fully alert all night and still only landed 2 fish :D . your percentage was bad last night.....somethin like 2 for 25....lol

i was still rusty last night, and now i know what a crappie looks like.
    Full day 1/2 day or evening Striper/Crappie fishing trips available at a very affordable price for
    Lake Norman, Badin, Wateree, High Rock.
    Individual maker of the heavy duty "hybrid" A-rig Trolls just like an umbrella rig, Guaranteed to put fish in the boat

https://www.facebook.com/pmmalec Email: [email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/BOLOcharters