Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone have a reasonably priced solution?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Does anyone have a reasonably priced solution?

I would really like to fix my boat to where 2 people could sit up on the front deck and fish. From what I have seen the cost would run from $200 and up. I thought some of you crappie engineers might have rigged something up yourselves that works well. I do want it to be a safe set-up. Any input and pictures of your set-up would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    sethook

James 1:17 Every good and perfect gift is from above.......

Post Thanks / Like

I just did mine when i extended my front deck towards drivers console, $25 for marine plywood and accessories, $25 for carpet, $32 for 2 new pedestal bases so i can fit the seats in that i have, thats all i spent...now if you are wanting trolling sytems, i cant help with building those...i just bought some...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sethook
    I would really like to fix my boat to where 2 people could sit up on the front deck and fish. From what I have seen the cost would run from $200 and up. I thought some of you crappie engineers might have rigged something up yourselves that works well. I do want it to be a safe set-up. Any input and pictures of your set-up would be appreciated.
    Thanks

what kind of boat do you have. if you give me dimensions i can draw up some plans on my cad program

Post Thanks / Like

Default John,

My boat is a 1995 18-1/2 ft. Astro Bass Boat. Do you just need the front deck dimensions?
    Thanks
    sethook

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a couple different styles I'm trying out. I have a custom built design you see with the 2 blue seats. It slides into any standard 3/4" pin base. The second design is the Wally Marshall Double Down Seat. The only main issue here is the bolt hole pattern on the WMDD doesn't line up with any of the 3/4" pin seat bases. Not the 6x8 or the 7x7. So I placed a 2x8 piece of pressure treated wood, secured it to the seat system using the bolt pattern supplied, now I will come back and cut 3, 2" holes for 3, 3/4" seat bases so someone can sit in the middle or 2 people can sit side by side. My main reason for wanting all 3/4"pin based seats is so I can use them anywhere on my boat. All inner usable. The WMDD is for the back of my boat.

As for cost The custom job is like $150. The Wally Marshall DD is $99, $6 for the wood, $5 bolts, (COST SO FAR)
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by sac-a-lait; 12-15-2007 at 02:30 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I just added two additional base plates on both sides of the original one. My front deck is pretty big for this to be very safe. I have a walleye style Stratos. but i have seen people do it on bass boats also. Total cost was around 30 bucks, i did the install and hole drilling myself
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer

Post Thanks / Like

Default $12 solution

2 lawn chairs

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey Sac-a-lait

Does the Wally Marshall seat just sit on your deck or can it be secured down? Looks like it might flip backwards on a good hook-set.
    Thanks
    sethook

Post Thanks / Like

You can get the Double Down for around a $99.95 they work great or you could get two pedestal sets in various hights for $29.95 a set. I use the two pedestals myself thy are easier to store in my opinion but both set ups work great. I also have blemished seats starting at $5, or new seats starting at $29.95. Give me a call at 1 (800) 305-9866 If you have any questions on anything!
    Mr. Plucker

Post Thanks / Like

I have the WMDD base and I installed a 3/4" pin base under the base and set it in the front seat socket, That holds it securely in place. I'll try to get a picture for you soon. Works great.
    Good fishing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast