Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Can't delete or edit my post

Post Thanks / Like

Default Can't delete or edit my post

Tried to edit my post in the swap meet forum. I added SOLD to the end of the title and it does not appear on the listings page, but does appear after you click on the post. ??? I read in the FAQ that you can also DELETE your post, I see no option for that either. Any Moderator provide some help please. The post is for a G3 all welded boat, 25 Yamaha. Thanks, TT
    on the road again...just can't wait to get back to...TOLEDO BEND

Post Thanks / Like

I tried to edit one of mine a bit ago, and it would not let me "save" it like it normally does.........then I went to "Go Advanced", made the change, and it took it
    Last edited by luvjign; 12-15-2007 at 12:29 AM.
    If I Ain't Crappie Fishin', I'm Thinkin' About It............

Post Thanks / Like

If you're hitting the back button after saving the changes, that'll do it. It's showing the old page, not the current page. Try the advanced edit like luvjign said and see if that works, or refresh the page. I'll try to edit mine after I post this.

As for deleting posts, you can only delete your posts and threads that have not had replies to them. (A thread is a topic that you created)
    Edit - Editing worked for me

Post Thanks / Like

smoothlures - I've tried it all, don't work for me. It saves the changes only when you click on the post. Don't show up on the title on the page with all the other listings, which is what I'm tryin to accomplish. I created the post and there were no replies, so I should be able to DELETE it.....no option for that either. ????

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Rangertee ....

I have deleted your post from the Swap Meet/Classifieds forum. Don't know why you couldn't delete your own post, may have been caused by some tweaks that Ed has been doing to the site .... or it may be that you never could delete a post in that forum, and would have had to inform the moderator (and have them delete it). Even then, it would still have appeared in the listing ... it would just have been closed out and a reason posted (moderator of that forum can only "soft delete" posts). I check on the forum, from time to time, and delete (totally remove) the posts that are marked "sold" or otherwise "out of date" (which is usually after a month of being listed), just to free up site space.
    You should be able to delete (remove text) your own posts, in any of the other open forums. If you want to test that theory, delete one of your posts on this thread, and see if it works. IF it does not ... PM "edhead" and have him check out your problem. If it does work ... then I guess it must be that particular forum, that you can't delete your own posts from.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Pappy - just wanted to keep the forums clear of un-needed posts that I'm responsible for.
    Merry Christmas to you and yours, Troy

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

If you have any problems in the future with the swap meet forum just shoot me or Pappy a PM and it will be taken care of.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va