Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BnM Slo Troller Rod

Post Thanks / Like

Default BnM Slo Troller Rod

Is this a suitable rod for a fella who's just beginning to spider rig and troll? I can then reinvest in some higher quality rods as time passes. I plan to put baitcasting reels on them.
    I'd appreciate your advise.

Post Thanks / Like

sure they are I used them all this past summer and caught a ton of fish and never broke a pole . Great pole for the money

Slabologist
    "Professor of Slabology 101"

Keep your line tight !

Post Thanks / Like

Glad You Ask That Question Ronnie. Wondering About That Myself. And Thanks Slabo For The Comment On The Rods. Going To Order Some From Mr. Monk After Christmas.

Post Thanks / Like

I also have four of them for spider rigging. They are heavy and hold up good. If I don't brake them no one should.
    CVA62.....64-68

Post Thanks / Like

Great rod to start out with and very tough! Check them out at www.grizzlyjig.com if you buy three or more the price is even cheaper!!!
    Mr. Plucker

Post Thanks / Like

I was told today that the name has changed on the slo-troller pole. It now carries the B&M Black widow name and they are being stocked in Wal-Mart stores. They will still have the reel seat and eyes just like the Slo-Trollers just under a new name. I was in sportsmans warehouse and they had both poles and they are the same.

Slabologist
    "Professor of Slabology 101"

Keep your line tight !

Post Thanks / Like

I've got some older B&M black widow poles & they don't have reel seats.

Post Thanks / Like

They are great rods.. You will be happy with it... been fishing BnM for years

Post Thanks / Like

I bought 6 about a year ago for spider rigging and so far they have done great. Great deal for the price.

Post Thanks / Like

Ronnie, they're real good rods for the money. I've been using the 13 footers for 3 years now (got a wholesale deal on a bunch of them). Yep, they're heavy......but heck, they're fiberglass. And yep, they'll break......if you get a bunch of them tangled up in brushpiles, trotlines, etc (with the help of wind).....and your drag won't take care of the chaos, odds are they're gonna break in the handle right where they bind in the rod holder. If you slow troll, you gotta be a tip-watcher, and I like the sensitivity on the tip for no more than they cost.......you can tell when your minnow is alive and frisky. They don't have a fancy reel seat, but there is a place to mount your reel. I use the Diawa underspins, which really comes in handy if you get in a mess with hang-ups.......just reach and pull the trigger to keep from breaking the rod(s). And finally, unless you have forearms and wrists like Popeye, they aren't as easy grabbing for a hook-set as a Bucks or other graphites, but hey, they're cheap, and they've caught me a lotta big fish.
    Last edited by luvjign; 12-14-2007 at 11:51 PM.
    If I Ain't Crappie Fishin', I'm Thinkin' About It............

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast