Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: field testing new jigs

Post Thanks / Like

Default field testing new jigs

what do you consider is a good field test for a new jig.say you are doing as good as everyone else around you. half as good. or just catching a few

Post Thanks / Like

you are doing as good as everyone else around you or better,if its same color

Post Thanks / Like

c.j. that is a hard one to answer. I have seen guys fish with some excellent jigs that were the same color as everyone else and not catch any when everyone else is catching fish and I have seen guys fish with horribly made jigs that would catch more than anyone else.

I think that a good field test is does it catch fish and does it hold up to catching multiple fish.

I hope this helps.

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I use the WFM formula.

Does it Work For Me ....and catch fish.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by camo john
    what do you consider is a good field test for a new jig.say you are doing as good as everyone else around you. half as good. or just catching a few
    John; I compare them to other jigs I have of the same color and size. If I'm catching fish on the same color, then I switch to the new jig and see if I keep catching, increase, or decrease. This allows me to give almost the exact same presentation to all the jigs. You can see someone else catch on a certain color and not be able to mimic their exact same movements. If I catch the same on both, then it's a good jig to me.
    Catch and Release: Catch the slabs and Release the little'uns