Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Subscription Notification

Post Thanks / Like

Default Subscription Notification

Seems my email notification quit working some time ago. Do I need to "enable" something now? Thought I read a post about this a while back but can't locate it.
    Early to bed, early to rise,
    Fish like hell, make up lies.

Ranger690 is offline Crappie.com Legend and 2021 Crappie.com Man of the Year
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope someone will give you an answer. I have the same trouble. It worked fine for a long time, then just stopped. I don't get the email notes anymore.

Dayton

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if this will fix it but check and see if your mail box is full. If so empty part of it.

Sam W
    Let's go fishing.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Nope, sorry Sam ....

Quote Originally Posted by gonefishing
    I don't know if this will fix it but check and see if your mail box is full. If so empty part of it.
    Sam W
    that's not the solution. I've also lost the email notification function ... even though it still says it's turned on in my User CP. It's probably a site wide glitch, and may be a result of some of Ed's tweaking of the system. I'll get in contact with him, and see what the deal is ......... we are talking about email notification of "Private Messages" (PM's), right ??

If we're talking about email notification of replies to posts (aka "subscribing" ) ... then, no I don't have that function turned on, as I read ALL the posts on the boards I moderate (and most of the others, too). But, even a full PM box would not have any connection to that, either. I'll make mention of both of these, and let Ed figure it out.

... cp
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 12-13-2007 at 12:05 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

All email notification of any function of crappie.com (private messages, replies to posts, daily log of new posts, etc.) is not working. I mentioned this to Ed in several weeks ago, however, I'm sure he got sidetracked and forgot. Someone should remind him to check it out. It's not essential to enjoy the site, but is nice to have if we can get it. I'm sure it has something to do with changing the servers.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

OK guys, I thought I turned it on again. but that must not have been the problem. I'll try again. But actually, give me some time. I have a new server, bigger, better, going in soon. Ill get it going there. Heck with the current server, it crashes on me/us.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

i still git e mail notification when i have a PM

ED good to hear you are gitting a new server .we have some in so. ga. that will have a breakdown if they can`t git into the site several times a day .

every one should send in a DONATION . i see you have a DONATION box at the top . buy T shirts and stickers . i have them on my pontoon and my truck . and going to put them on my bass boat [now a crappie boat]:D

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK ED
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

Another site with vBulletin is having the same problem and after a week still no resolution.

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

maby the new server will be better .
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't know we had that feature,Thanks I just turned it on.
    Didn't that long to find out it works...neat
    Last edited by crip47; 12-16-2007 at 09:31 PM.
    CVA62.....64-68