Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Saturday on Beaver

Post Thanks / Like

Default Saturday on Beaver

I'm going out on Beaver tomorrow a.m. was wondering if anyone had been out this week. Looking for location, depth Jig size color, & body. Any help would be appreciated. I'll check in tomorrow after hopefully, a great days catch.

Post Thanks / Like

Did'nt have a lot of luck today. Caught one 15 1/2 in. 2lb. all the rest too small. Biting over some of the brush 8 ' deep. Black & shartruese. Hope you'all did better than i did. Beautiful day anyway, if not for the wind, hope it will go a little better in the morning.

Post Thanks / Like

Default crappie on beaver

slabmaster, we usually fish central arkansas,but are wanting to venture to beaver, where is a good place to launch at for crappie on beaver,we are not familier with the lake at all. also are the fish mostly around the structure or maily deep in the channels, thanks for any help.

Post Thanks / Like

Crappieking, You can find the fish very shallow for the next month or so. But even into the summer you can catch good numbers early and late in shallow brush. I have been catching limits just by targeting anything brushy near the bank!
    Tight Lines!
    Jason Piper

Post Thanks / Like

J.T. where & what baits are working well for you. Size has been great but, numbers are down. Structure shallow has been working fairly well. As for where to fish as a newbie here, i would probably try the river arms first 412 east knob hill war eagle.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shores
    J.T. where & what baits are working well for you. Size has been great but, numbers are down. Structure shallow has been working fairly well. As for where to fish as a newbie here, i would probably try the river arms first 412 east knob hill war eagle.
    thanks for the help guys, i will give that a try.

Post Thanks / Like

Shores, Monte-NE has been working well for me as of late, so has old hwy 12. I have been catching tons of 10" males on chartreuse curl tails! at the end of the day I have usualy have 30 or so to fillet up and out of those more than half have been larger than 11" or so. The laydowns are working if it's been sunny that day. Leave me some though... my clients like crappie to! LOL
    Tight Lines!
    Jason Piper

Post Thanks / Like

j.t. i appreciate it seems like they have just been skittish for me thats the bait i've been using black 1/32 oz jig/1.5 curlytail char. Maybe i'm not holding my mouth right. lol.