Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: What th???????

Post Thanks / Like

Default What th???????

What happen to this thread. No one fishin??? Waitin on the ice to settle in?? Fishin' outta season??? Man this is dissappointing to say the least.
    HELLO anyone out there, or you getting your ice fishin stuff ready??
    Just kidding really and wishing all yall up there a Merry Christmas.... and wishing all a a very happy and healthy Holiday season.
    Dusty
    A gun in hand is a lot better than a cop on the phone.

Post Thanks / Like

nope we're not out fishing.
    Our water is all iced over. :D

And we're just catching these little tater chip sized crappies.

Other than that, nope no fishing going on in NY. :D
    Tap!, Fish On!
    99.9% C&R fisherman
    NAFC Life Member & field tester
    Take a child fishing today, for smiles that last a lifetime.

Post Thanks / Like

Didn't have a very good fall fishing season this year. They are screwing around with our lake and the water conditions were awful, and the weedbeds were gone. I was kinda busy as well. I should be in TN most of the winter this year. I'll be hittin the water as much as I can there.

Thats a cool pic with the bluegill and the dark blue sky Camo.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

centerdriver, I am currently living in NC but grew up in Oswego, NY. The Panfish of choice (at least with the people I fished with) is the Yellow Perch. Usually, a few times a year we would get into a school of Crappie and wear then out though! (A nice treat). Like Grizz says the water is all messed up this year. The area we usually catch the Crappie is down about 3 feet and it makes fishing there tough.

My Father fishes mainly for the Yellow Perch.. He has no computer but If you like I'll be happy to post his reports here...--> Just let me know!

Post Thanks / Like

Redboat
    I grew up in Fair Haven/Red Creek area and attended SUNY Oswego. Did alot of Walleye and Smalljaws fishing in Harbor, at 9-mile and up river. Alot of panfishing in Sandy Pond and all over the bays of the Big O. Now live in Northern Alabama, and the fishing here is incredible, year round. Good luck on the water.

Post Thanks / Like

WOW got a response. Did not mean to stir things up, but really nice to drop by and see some familier names. What I want for Christmas is for yall to just stay healthy and full of fish.
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.
    A gun in hand is a lot better than a cop on the phone.

Post Thanks / Like

Weird fall and so far weird winter.

During the fall, all the water around here was WAAAYYY low. Even Ontario was down a foot or so.

I wet a line a few times, had absolutely no luck at all, so I turned to chasing furry critters with a firearm. I even managed to get a deer - with my truck

Then it turned cold real quick, then warm, then cold...

We get into a deep freeze and snow for a couple days, then we have a thaw and some rain for a couple days. My local fishing hole iced over, but then it thawed, now it's iced again, but with the wild temperature swings, I'm not going to test my luck on the ice.

My fishing report boils down to this: I'll get 'em in the spring.