Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1st trip on the new boat.....KNOT YET

Post Thanks / Like

Default 1st trip on the new boat.....KNOT YET

So anyway.......You heard this part already::

KNOT YET............

When I called the BOAT US people last week to re-new my membership and add the new boat to it.
    After all the detail info of Make.Model.Lenght.....bla bla bla she asked if there was a boat name ::: I said NOT YET......she said , how do you spell that.....I said K-N-O-T just kidding......my membership card came yesterday and at the bottom it says "Watercraft Name" :: KNOT YET. Things just happen that way I guess....

Anytime you call and ask if I have caught a fish I will have but one reply...........KNOT YET !!

Then I got a call from my BFF Ed, "hey I got your curtains done,bring your boat up for a test fit" did that- they will be done completely by the end of the week......so when I leave the shop I think to my self.......Self::: Take the boat to Owls creek and run the motor some more and tool around Rudee......as I got close to the ocean I could see that it was pretty smooth out ......well theres NO WAY that I am launching the boat without rods now !! I already had some striper tackle loaded in the boat when I added all the safety equip......swung by the house and grabbed a few rods and away I went........ 1 pm~~ out of the inlet I went south just because of the wind(lack there of)- 4000 rpms I run at 40 MPH and I was jumping 1 foot waves like a jet ski.......The boat did awesome a little fast for the task at hand....to catch a fish !! She called:: You got a fish hunny ? KNOT YET I replied.... As I slowed down off Dam Neck navy base I saw the RED flags off the beach so I knew they were having live fire exercises not wanting 50 cal machine gun fire over my head I made a hard turn to port and hauled out offshore about 2 1/2 miles...Ed Called ::: Seen any stripers ? KNOT YET ....once I got out there I saw a few birds picking up scraps from the water but not a massive hive. What the hey, drop lines anyway .......I marked fish right away and tons of bait........out the stbd side went a stretch 25 orange/yellow, port side went a 5 inch umbrella with a 9 inch white shad.....straight out the back dropped a 20 oz mojo white w/ a red skirt........as soon as the mojo felt the bump in 18 feet of the 48* water the stbd rod doubled over and drag screamed ( I am doing all this while on my cell too, the boat drives itself perfectly<Dave calls ::You ready to sell that new boat ?? well ya know what- KNOT YET) I told him I hade a FISH ON & had to go............as soon as I picked up the rod I felt some head shake and I knew it was a sizeable fish, so I just cut the motor and drift dragging bottom with the other two rods........got the fish up front and set the rod in the holder and went for the net........first time out and first fish in the boat all in less than a 1 hour !!! 33 inch bluefish !!! I had an appointment at 3 with whatsherface anyway so I wrapped it up while I was on the plus side and headed in.......to be continued ::::

VIRGINIA GAMEFISH TAGGING PROGRAM MEMBER

Post Thanks / Like

First off, that was an interesting and entertaining story. Glad you like the new boat and that's crazy bout the name. Second, congrats on the first fish, at least it wasn't a little dink.
    You can't fish with a hung line!

Post Thanks / Like

that is a fighter - I was on Belews Lake today and there were jet skiers out there - it was 81 degrees but the water was 60 degrees
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Funny Story. Do you eat the bluefish? We just use them for bait down here. Always heard they weren't any good to eat.
    Dwyane
    The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary!

SMILE- A curve that can set a lot of things straight!

Post Thanks / Like

Default I want a freind

Man sounds like you need some freinds to help you break that boat in. I'll volanteer , but it will take me a day and a 1/2 to get down there . Ive caught some blues down in florida before but not that size .Im sure he was some fun bringing him in , Enjoy your boat and keep writing those resaults ,I look forward to hearing some more.

Post Thanks / Like

smaller blues are great to eat if you eat them the same day you catch them ..I have heard all kinds of stories on how to bleed them and how to freeze them and they are still good....fact is they are a stronger tasting fish ..........I like that.........but the texture of the meat will get soft and mushy..I do not like that...........that is why I say you have to eat them the same day you catch them so the meat will stay firm......like I say I have eaten the smaller ones less than 3 lbs not sure abot the big ones we all ways used them for bait for crab pots as well
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

nice blue Jamie! congrats on the new boat...i'm sure you will enjoy it much more than the big one....

blues are good to eat if you eat them as soon as you clean them...soak them in milk, take out all bloodline and season good and fry em up...c'est bon!
    I support catch and eat! :D

Post Thanks / Like

Thanx guys, I am glad the crappie ninja's added a saltwater section on here cause as Kajun (even tho he lives in Fla now ) cn tell ya I saltwater fish 5 days a week ! I know about them blues......honestly I talked crap about eating bluefish for the past 30some years and only used them for bait. They are in the top three for me as great flounder bait. This past spring I would catch and release over 100 blues before 7 am at Rudee inlet every morning , all in the 15 to 20 inch range.......then one day I decided to take a mess home and eat them for lunch,If I didnt like them ~ I know my dog would love em......well the dog did NOT get any that day !! They were pretty good indeed and I have not talked bad about eating blues since that day......I will NOT however freeze any, not even for bait.....If I dont eat them that day or use them for bait in 3 days or so I wont keep them at all. I can say now that I love bluefish for more than just bait !!

Post Thanks / Like

Leave the plug out of the cooler so that they don't slosh around in water. Filet them as soon as possible, make up a heavy salt water solution, put some ice cubes in to chill the water and soak the filets for at least a hour. The salt will take out most of the blood and the cold water will firm up the filets. Good eating. Man I miss the Chesapeake bay.

Post Thanks / Like

WELL FINALLY IT WILL BE OVER !!!!! Maybe I will ba able to d_r_a_g the
    CRAPPIE BOAT......out of the gargage and save some gas & leave the WAHOO parked for a while.......I will get to do some CRAPPIE fish'n for sure right ? No wait its DRUM season in the surf for the next 6 weeks......How about November ? Yea CRAPPIE fish'n.....Oh no wait STRIPER will be here until mid Feb.....Man I cant wait for winter to get over so I can go CRAPPIE fishing in MARCH !!

2008 aint all that bad tho.......I did get out to Bob's a few times

Here are a few "OTHER" pics from THIS YEAR.......JUST ANOTHER DAY ON THE WATER :::

Last edited by RACN35; 04-11-2009 at 06:21 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast