Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Cane Pole Humminbird Hydrografx

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cane Pole Humminbird Hydrografx

Cane Pole,Thank you very much for the information on(Humminbird & Hydrografx).You were very thorough on your instructions.Putting the w/points onto the MMC card and than getting them back from the side scan unit worked just fine.There are 5 sections of Blood River on the hydrografx maps.I have w/points in each section and I have saved them that way,section 1-2-3 etc.on OZI.I have transfered them that way to humminbird pc gpx Section 1-2-3 etc.My question is,can I open thoes section w/points from the humminbird pc gpx to the Ozi-Hydrografx map,like you can by using Ozi (load w/points from file menu)

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hickory
    Cane Pole,Thank you very much for the information on(Humminbird & Hydrografx).You were very thorough on your instructions.Putting the w/points onto the MMC card and than getting them back from the side scan unit worked just fine.There are 5 sections of Blood River on the hydrografx maps.I have w/points in each section and I have saved them that way,section 1-2-3 etc.on OZI.I have transfered them that way to humminbird pc gpx Section 1-2-3 etc.My question is,can I open thoes section w/points from the humminbird pc gpx to the Ozi-Hydrografx map,like you can by using Ozi (load w/points from file menu)
    I am not following you clearly. You can export gpx files to any location on your pc (even Ozie). You can save thes GPX files in the same folder wherever the ozie .wpt are located.
    Just remember you have to goto file, load from file, import GPX file, then at look in window, click the file you saved (GPX) then click open to get these waypoints displayed in Ozie maps. And Yes you can reverse the charges to Hummin PC by imoporting from Ozie (GPX).
    Confusing? Let me know. I fix it for ya. I don't mind at all.

Also everytime you send waypoints to the Humminbird, It only adds the waypoints to the existing waypoints in the unit. If you don't want this to happen, you have to delete the existing waypoints. I do it all the time. Just remember to keep backups..
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cane Pole Hum-Hro

Thanks for the help on the w/point guestions. What ever you said to do it worked fine.