Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spray on bedliner in my War Eagle

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spray on bedliner in my War Eagle

I recently removed the old vinyl from my war eagle and I a am thinking about going back with something like a rhino lining. Has anyone ever tried this on the inside of a boat. I am looking at a kit on ebay for around 200.00 vs. having it done professionally at a shop for 800.00. Does anyone know the difference? Thanks for your input

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slimeyslab
    I recently removed the old vinyl from my war eagle and I a am thinking about going back with something like a rhino lining. Has anyone ever tried this on the inside of a boat. I am looking at a kit on ebay for around 200.00 vs. having it done professionally at a shop for 800.00. Does anyone know the difference? Thanks for your input
    Wow $800 sounds like more than we would have to pay around here. I would check for others near you for a price.

Oh and get the kind that has some give when you push your thumb nail into it. It's still very tough, but will not be as slick as the hard surface one. Hope you know what I mean by this.

Anyway I had some put on my last boat, but just around the gunwale top and the top of the front deck and back top.

It was great looking too. I had some paint problems when i first got that boat and talked the MFG into paying for that because they were going to have to ship it back to the factory to re-paint so they agreed to what I wanted.

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

You can buy a Herculiner kit from Ace Hardware for $75. 1 gallon of liner materal, 2 rollers, 1 frame and a scotch brite.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are these do-it-yourself kits as good and durable. I know that they use a high heat mix at the professional shops. I just don't want to waste my time if it is going to peal off in a year or so. I have had prices less than 600.00 for black but it seems that if you want a different color it costs more. I think black would be hot in summer and really I wanted a medium tan. Does anyone have any more info? I am on the fence about what to do. Thanks for you input, it is much needed.

Post Thanks / Like

Default liner

I believe I would get a price from line-x I think the companies around Birmingham would be around 450 dollars. I'll ask the guy I know there and get you a price if you like. How long and wide is your boat?

Post Thanks / Like

My boat is a 1648 WarEagle. I would really appreciate a competetive quote. There is only one place in town that can do a different color than black and that is line-x. boat is 16' long and 48" wide. Thanks for your time and help

Post Thanks / Like

Get it done professionally. They use a heated material that has a better finish and look.I used Hercules liner kit on a trailer and after it set in the sun it faded out and didnt look very attractive.PJ

Post Thanks / Like

kinda what i was thinking. thanks for the advice.......

Ranger690 is offline Crappie.com Legend and 2021 Crappie.com Man of the Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't scrimp. There is a pickup truck here at work that a guy did his own from a gallon jug. Didn't take long to start coming up, flaking off etc. It looks terrible.

Dayton

Post Thanks / Like

Had my procraft done with Speedliner. It is about 3/16ths thick and has a rough texture when applied on trucks etc, but the guy at the truck shop brushed it down to a smoother finish to be easier to clean for me. $800 sounds crazy to me, maybe he just didn't want to do it and tried to scare you off. Should be $500 or less tops, especially if you did the prep work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast