Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Mexico-are there crappie in those big bass lakes?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mexico-are there crappie in those big bass lakes?

Just was browsing through a few of those bass lodges down in mexico where they say you catch 150 bass a day between 4-14 pounds and it dawned on me...wouldnt these waters be great crappie locations?? Yet not one word about anything other than bass. I understand the lure by all the bass nuts to pay big bucks to go into these remote lakes but one would have to think there are numbers of large crappie too. Anyone have an answer about this? Im talking about lakes llike Guerrro, Aqua Milpa, Huites...

Post Thanks / Like

I think most of those lakes were stocked with bass for the specfic purpose of growing them big, never heard of any crappie in them.

Post Thanks / Like

Big bass gotta have bait fish to feed on. I would suspect that crappie would be a prolific source of feed for the bass. Why advertise for crappie when they are not sought out for wall hanging like bass are.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't really know about crappie in those lakes, but I do know that many of those lakes have been stocked with tilapia. The few people that I know that have fished those lakes have stated that many of the natives around those lakes, net the talipia. Talipia equals big bass food.

Regards,
    Mud

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CarpPoop
    Just was browsing through a few of those bass lodges down in mexico where they say you catch 150 bass a day between 4-14 pounds and it dawned on me...wouldnt these waters be great crappie locations?? Yet not one word about anything other than bass. I understand the lure by all the bass nuts to pay big bucks to go into these remote lakes but one would have to think there are numbers of large crappie too. Anyone have an answer about this? Im talking about lakes llike Guerrro, Aqua Milpa, Huites...
    i been to el salto and guerro and have not seen a crappie or heard of one being caught there

Post Thanks / Like

They have crappies in Puerto Rico. Why not Mexico?

"The native range of white crappie included the area west of the Appalachian Mountains north to southern Ontario and south to the Gulf of Mexico. The range extended west to Minnesota and South Dakota in the north, and to northeastern Mexico in the south. Today the range extends east to the Atlantic coast, and west to include California and portions of Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, Montana, Colorado, Utah, and North Dakota. White crappie are native to the eastern two-thirds of Texas, but the species can now be found statewide except for the upper portions of the Rio Grande and Pecos drainages."

"Crappie also have been stocked in Mexico and Panama, with populations thriving in both countries." Kieth Sutton http://sports.espn.go.com/outdoors/f...than-kid-stuff

Who the goofy lookin guy in the first picture?
    Last edited by GRIZZ; 12-13-2007 at 07:37 AM.
    Good things come to those who bait.