Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Source for Blanks for Crappie Rods

Post Thanks / Like

Default Source for Blanks for Crappie Rods

Anybody know where to get some reasonably priced 11-14' blanks with an action similar to the Sam Heaton's Super Sensitive?

Thanks.

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

Post Thanks / Like

You might check jannsnetcraft.com or mudhole.com You can use a fly rod or spey rod. I have been told you take the weight of rod and put 16 after it to determine the weight of lure for the blank. For example and 5-6 weight rod would be rated for a 5/16oz lure. You might double check this but I think this is right.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks but both are a bust. Only fly rods available are 10' and relatively pricey. Anyone else got any ideas?

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

Post Thanks / Like

All those blanks are made in China. You could book a flight to Shanghai, or you could contact BnM directly to see if they'd sell you a blank.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jigsbydirk
    I have been told you take the weight of rod and put 16 after it to determine the weight of lure for the blank. For example and 5-6 weight rod would be rated for a 5/16oz lure. You might double check this but I think this is right.
    That is correct.

Post Thanks / Like

Just remembered -- try these guys:

http://www.dorber.com/flyrodblanks.html

Dorber has a very good reputation. If these blanks are not what you're looking for, they might be able to make one for you. Ray Bauer is the guy you want to talk to.

Post Thanks / Like

Hook and Hackle has a lot of blanks, look at closeouts, end of season stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Strike Dorber and Hook and Hackle. Nothing over 10' at either.

Keep those suggestions coming though.
    Wannabe...v2.0

Post Thanks / Like

Called Mudhole and they turned me on to a SCII St. Croix Steelhead blank that comes in 11'6 and 13'. Priced around $85 though. Closest I've come so far. 2S116LM2 and 2S130LM2 Anyone know either of these blanks?
    Wannabe...v2.0

Post Thanks / Like

St. Croix makes good rods. That blank is obviously the right length, but if it's a steelhead rod, I doubt it's action is similar to the Sam Heaton models. You can see the specs for the two models you mention here. (Click on "Rod Specifications" near the bottom):

http://www.stcroixrods.com/rods/defa...4&section=spin

What are you gonna use it for? Why wouldn't the 10-14' rods BnM sells now work?
    Last edited by deathb4disco; 12-11-2007 at 05:51 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast