Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Reels for dock shooting

Post Thanks / Like

Default Reels for dock shooting

Ii have just mastered the dock shooting technique. What brand and size reel is best to use for dock shooting.

Post Thanks / Like

What ever you used to master it sounds fine.

Post Thanks / Like

haha u think a master would know that

Post Thanks / Like

I dont like spinning reels with a trigger but I do like the smooth release of a trigger spinning reel with the fireing pin like the quantum snap shot. The hypercast might be better since it has instant anti reverse. When I backreel to get the trigger back to center sometimes the line gets messed up a little. Im a shimano fan but for dock shooting I like the snapshot a little better. Im still practicing this method myself so take it for what it is worth. I can flat out hit every thing I shoot for one day and cant hit a bull in the butt the next, but the trigger helped me a little and it is a bit more efficent.

Post Thanks / Like

Shimano

Post Thanks / Like

I shoot docks a lot and I really like Shimano reels. My favorite for years has been the Sidestab 1000. But they took the trigger off it. So now I use the Solstace 1000RH. It has a trigger and a rear drag. I prefer both.
    Good fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info. I was wondering about the reels with a trigger as I have Diabetes and have lost all feeling in my fingers. I think I will buy one with a trigger and see how it goes. I can shoot with the standard reel, but I have to really, concentrate and look, to make sure I'm putting pressure on the line after I open the bail.

Post Thanks / Like

I went and bought a Mitchell spinning reel with the trigger. Since I have no feeling in my fingers, this reel should make dock shooting a real pleasure. I also have ordered 2 - B & M dock shooting rods from the board sponsor.