Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: garmin inland lakes

Post Thanks / Like

Question garmin inland lakes

Anybody have any input on garmin inland lakes DVD? ,Good or Bad?
    thanks in advance
    jeff

v92c Guest

I have it on an Etrex Vista Cx. It has more street maps than I expected as well as bottum contours of the lakes. Many small lakes as well as the bigger ones.

Tony

Post Thanks / Like

Jeff, I just got a copy the other day and would say it's not as good as the Hotmaps I've seen on the Lowrance units. I do like having all the lakes on my computer and then downloading to the handheld spots that look good.

I've only looked around NE Kansas and it has all the reservoirs but is missing some of the state lake topo's. If there is a particular lake your interested in let me know, I'll check and see if it's there.

Post Thanks / Like

center12-I just bought a map76csx and have the old lights and waterways dvd from several years back. I want some thing with the creek channels and a lake detail on it. I mostly hit perry and clinton and sometimes melvern.
    jeff

Post Thanks / Like

I have it also, it seems to be pretty accurate on the lakes around here, another words if i'm parked at the ramp, it shows i'm on the ramp. some lakes have better contour markings than others, some are shown at 4' and others at 8'-10'. It does not have as much detail on my local lake as the fishing hotspot map does, but it's enough. some lakes show the main channels drawn in, others show only contours and you figure it out. The 76csx is a neat unit, I'm still learning all its features, but got all the basics figured out. good luck.