Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Found Bamboo. She said take it all!!!!

Ranger690 is offline Crappie.com Legend and 2021 Crappie.com Man of the Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Found Bamboo. She said take it all!!!!

It is close to home (1.5 miles) and she said PPllllllleeeeeeeeaaaasssseee take it. Now, I just need to find that best way to cut it, and then the work begins. Going to be fun. Also, they just knocked down a building down the road and I picked up some fine block last night. Some cement and I am in business.

Dayton

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger690
    It is close to home (1.5 miles) and she said PPllllllleeeeeeeeaaaasssseee take it. Now, I just need to find that best way to cut it, and then the work begins. Going to be fun. Also, they just knocked down a building down the road and I picked up some fine block last night. Some cement and I am in business.

Dayton
    Hey Ranger a small chain saw works great but I used a mahcette to cut mine and it doesnt take much effort , they are pretty cheap too.
    JEFFRO

Post Thanks / Like

Mahcette is what I used today,works great.
    ------------------
    GWDJR

Post Thanks / Like

We're making some shallow beds with bamboo and concrete blocks. We're tying the blocks together with one on top of the other and the holes facing in opposite directions. We're putting as much bamboo in each hole from each direction as will fit and pushing them about one third of the way through.

We build them on the back of my boat front boat seat (with it folded down and a towel on it) and then dropping them off the front deck in about 8-feet of water. Only takes a few minutes to build and drop and they look awesome. Not fished any yet but will be checking them soon and I think they will work real well.

Here's a pic of one just before we dropped it over.

FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Jerry,are you doing anything to keep the bamboo in the blocks or will just pushin it through hold it? sounds like a great idea for shallow condos!!!good fishin to ya!!!!Dennis
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com