Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Novice needs advice

Post Thanks / Like

Default Novice needs advice

What advice can you give a wannabe Crappie expert about learning to fish at Truman during this time of the year? My husband and I don't get to come as often as we like and if we miss a few weeks, the entire situation has changed.

Also please recommend a really good Crappie magazine for me to buy to learn true tactics for catching mroe fish!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Post Thanks / Like

Your At The Right Place To Get About All The Advice You Can Stand At Crappie.com. Just Wait A While And Someone From Your Area Will Clue You In. Welcome To The Site From North Carolina. While Your Waiting There Are Some Great Articles To Read On Cold Water Tactics It The Articles Section.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks

Thanks for the welcome. I stumbled across this page awhile back but never took the time to register. You "guys" have an awesome message board!!!

I'll look for the articles.... Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the board!

there are a few that are experts on Truman.

they usually have a posting each week of what is working

do a search and type in truman to look at past postings

G.
    Standing in the Gap

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the Mo. board. I really like Crappie world mag, alot of good info.:D
    Crappie don't sleep, is that why I'm so tired?
    Team crappiekingjigs.com

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Crappie World is a good one. Only 4 issues a year. Read it ten times before I get the next one. It has seasonal articles in it. Creek channel drops or get in one of the many rock quarrries and fish the ledges. Bucksaw Marina has some guides Marvin Deckard is one of them. Never fished with him but have seen him many times in the same location as me. Fishing the same patterns. He use to fish against me in a company tournament. He was always in the money. Let us know when you will be around. Some of us are close by and fish Truman alot. So you can get some up to date advice from some body on here. Welcome to the board.

Post Thanks / Like

There is really no way to substitute for being out as much as possible..but that isn't always available.
    What worked 2 hours ago can change in an instant.
    Just check reports,check here,ask at bait stores and use that as a starting point.
    Good Luck and welcome aboard

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the Mo board.....can't help much with truman but if you ever need any help on loz give me a holler.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to Missouri Crappie. The wife and I fish Truman quite a bit, but her father died very suddenly and we haven't been able to go for the past 2 wks now. When we do get ready to fish again, I will be checking this board to see what is working. Last time we were there the fish were still around timber down in the Fairfield area. We normally launch at Osage Bluff.

As for magazines, we like Crappie World also. I read it cover to cover over and over until the next issue is released.

Good luck.

Speck is online now MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

If you want to catch fish at Truman, talk to drfishjd, hogster, gonefishingee, jiggin15, and Duncan. Those guys know that lake.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast