Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: New member saying hello.

trotliner Guest

Default New member saying hello.

I live in the Annapolis Md. area now but still own part of a family farm in Columbia County near Bloomsburg. As my nickname shows I do a lot of Crabbing in the Chesapeake (Severn River to be exact) but my true love is turkey hunting and crappie / panfish fishing. I am actually looking to stock one of our ponds with some crappie as I would love to eat them over all the bass in the world. I have really not fished in Northeastern Pa. for crappie for the last 30 years so any suggestions as to any lakes or ponds that might be better than others would be well appreciated. I use to fish Lake Silkworth as a kid and now its private, the same goes for Shickshinny lake. I was born and raised in Wilkes- Barre, and went to Bloomsburg, so I am somewhat familiar with the area just not where to catch the slabs. Thanks trotlioner PS. I do however know where to find the Turkey and I will start after them very shortly in the state of Virginia, followed by Maryland, followed by Pa. Boy it's great to be retired but the getting old along with it stinks. Tight lines and keep your trotline bait out of the prop.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the board. Glad to hear from a new member. I am not fimilar with the area of Pa that you grew up in so I can't really give you any advice sorry. Although in the western part of the state. If you have the chance to fish during the first couple of weeks in may do it. We had a blast with the crappies that were and getting ready to spawn. Some big ones too. Anyway have fun this season and good luck with them turkeys. I am gettin anxious!!

REDNECK

Post Thanks / Like

Hey trotliner - glad to see you here! (Nice surprise tonight.) Boatload of information to collect and put into action on the water from here. Most of what you will gain from the complete site can be applied to any body of water.

Post Thanks / Like

PA state record crappie came from Hammond lake in Tioga county. Hammond Lake is joined with Tioga Lake, and Cowanesque Lake is about 10 or so miles farther north. All 3 are Army Corps lakes with nice launches and docks. Hammond and Cowanesque have camping facilities. Bald Eagle state park is in Center county I believe, it's noted for crappie fishing, and there is also Rose Valley Lake which is electric only and a Fish Commission lake. I have fished the Army Corps lakes, but not the other two. All 3 Corps lakes have unlimited HP, but they also have large restricted no wake areas for the fishermen and women.

Post Thanks / Like

Trotliner, Glad to hear of another crappie fisherman here. Iam another w.Pa. guy ,but have traveled to alot to eastern Pa. too! On this site you will find everyone very helpful and friendly, If you fish pa. get hooked up with Big Zig and he will help you in the eastern area. Good luck and set the hook, Zimmy

trotliner Guest

Default thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shellback
    PA state record crappie came from Hammond lake in Tioga county. Hammond Lake is joined with Tioga Lake, and Cowanesque Lake is about 10 or so miles farther north. All 3 are Army Corps lakes with nice launches and docks. Hammond and Cowanesque have camping facilities. Bald Eagle state park is in Center county I believe, it's noted for crappie fishing, and there is also Rose Valley Lake which is electric only and a Fish Commission lake. I have fished the Army Corps lakes, but not the other two. All 3 Corps lakes have unlimited HP, but they also have large restricted no wake areas for the fishermen and women.

trotliner Guest

Thanks for the info, I have my maps out now and am making plans to visit some of the lakes you mentioned. trotliner