Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aqua Ve underwater camera

Post Thanks / Like

Question Aqua Ve underwater camera

Is there anyone on the board that uses the underwater cameras. I'm just looking for any good, bad feedback on them. Thanks for the help.
    Crappie don't sleep, is that why I'm so tired?
    Team crappiekingjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

My Mac tool man uses one. I will contact him and get his cell # and get back with you.

Post Thanks / Like

Not that this adds anything to the subject, but.... I always get a kick out of how they shape the actual underwater camera to be some sort of cartoon-looking fish.

As if the fish are thinking, "wow, look at that cool fish with the lens in its mouth!"

Kinds of makes me laugh every time I see them advertised.

OK -- continue your discussion -- I just had to get that off my chest. Back to the wine ....
    - LOZcrappie (Scott)

I would not exchange my leisure hours for all the wealth in the world. --Comte de Mirabeau (1749-1791)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mduncan62
    You don't need one of those. Just do what Hog and Ed do, jump off the boat at random times and seasons to get a good look at the fish. They both seem to catch a bunch, and nothing cools you down in the winter time better then a good swim. Get's the blood flowing. :D
    I usually experience some sort of shrinkage in the winter when I hit the water. Only been through the ice three times.
    Two waist deep and once over my head. Tends to get the arms and legs moving real quick.

G.
    Standing in the Gap

Post Thanks / Like

I have one and have used it about 35 seconds. I dropped it down and as soon as my buddy "tried to steer one in front of the lens", I pulled it back up and got back to fishing. I know that Bake has used one and has some interesting stories. If you'd like to use mine, you're welcome. I see two issues: (1) you can drop them straight down and see stuff - mine is an older one and you don't know which way the lens if facing - newer ones have some sort of indicator to tell you this; (2) they are made to be trolled, which would put them behind your spider rigging. I believe that the UV lights will show you about 3 times the regular visibility. At Truman, the most you can usually see is about a foot or so - so there's not alot of underwater viewing range. On the clearer southern reservoirs like the Rock and Bull Shoals, it would be much better.
    Jim - Have boat - will travel.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mduncan62
    You don't need one of those. Just do what Hog and Ed do, jump off the boat at random times and seasons to get a good look at the fish. They both seem to catch a bunch, and nothing cools you down in the winter time better then a good swim. Get's the blood flowing. :D
    I seem to remember you taking a extended swim this summer.:D :D i think you even had a dog turd in your mouth.:D :D

Post Thanks / Like

Thats my problem,the lake I fish mainly is usually pretty stained/muddy.Winter time(like this morning) it clears up.
    If nothing else,it would be fun once to see some of my regular spots,compare to what I think it is to what is really there.

I've always thought,and mentioned to a few bait stores,that it would make a good rental item.
    Not sure about the rest of you,but I just can't shell out 200-300 bones for something I'm not sure I'd get much use out of-I would gladly pay 20$ for a days rental to try it out for a day and see if its something I'd be happy with.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a buddy down at Table Rock that has one, he brought it up and we tried it on LOZ on the Niangua arm and could'nt see anything more than a few inches. He says it is amazing what you can see in the clear water at Table Rock. I am not sure which model he has, but can find out if you need it.

Hope this helps,

Mark
    Mark

Pitching jigs, catching slabs, life is good

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gonefishingee
    I seem to remember you taking a extended swim this summer.:D :D i think you even had a dog turd in your mouth.:D :D
    That was the only thing I could do to beat the heat, Man it was hot that day.

Post Thanks / Like

iv'e allways wonder about them as well but you never see any discusions about them (good or bad) so im guessing thats a bad sign!!...people drop them in for a few minutes, say screw this and back in the pouch it goes!!..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast