Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Coffey County (Wolf) Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default Coffey County (Wolf) Lake

Hey Chatt - tell me about Coffey County Lake.
    Jim - Have boat - will travel.

Post Thanks / Like

great great fishing is just the little bit i know. use to work with some guy's that fished there constantly. lot of quality smallmouth, walleye, and crappie. but from what i gathered you really need to know the lake well or know somebody who does. get's a ton of fishing pressure i heard. don't know much else. oh ya it's white cap'n about 80% of the year.
    why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Post Thanks / Like

OVER-RATED Just too many rules on that lake. Check-in,,,check-out. Must wear PFD's the whole time & carry a beeper. Beeper goes off,,, you must get off the lake. Can't keep but 2 crappies and they MUST be 14in. I once thought it would become a 'trophy' lake but,,,,,, it is over stocked with fish and they aren't growing any more. O ya, you can hammer fish the whole time but, don't expect any bigguns. It's just a hour from Toronto and 15 min. from Melvern which has bigger smallies & walleyes. IMO <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crappie Chatt
    OVER-RATED Just too many rules on that lake. Check-in,,,check-out. Must wear PFD's the whole time & carry a beeper. Beeper goes off,,, you must get off the lake. Can't keep but 2 crappies and they MUST be 14in. I once thought it would become a 'trophy' lake but,,,,,, it is over stocked with fish and they aren't growing any more. O ya, you can hammer fish the whole time but, don't expect any bigguns. It's just a hour from Toronto and 15 min. from Melvern which has bigger smallies & walleyes. IMO <*)}}}><
    bummer man sound's like a lake I don't need to go to.except for the two fish limit thats about my style by the wat CHATT why the beeper wind advisory? later

Post Thanks / Like

They have some lakes in Illinois that way... motor limit/low fish limit/prone to alot of wind/over fished/ long lines jus to put your boat in/ 3 eyed Homer Simpson fish, lol not good... I`d say find a better lake.
    :D MichaelT. In the Zone