Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Falls Lake Report

Post Thanks / Like

Default Falls Lake Report

Fished Falls last night from about 7pm until a thunderstorm ran us out at about 1130pm. We were drift fishing in a deep cove near the I-85 bridge in anywhere from 15 to 25 feet of water. Caught 27 crappie and another dozen Catfish. Had a great time and look forward to heading out again soon. Anybody else here ever fish at Falls? do any good? It is time for some of the triangle anglers to get active on this forum!
    Jay Coman

Post Thanks / Like

NICE nite Jcoman. I assume you were using minnows. What size weight did you use. Did you have bait lights out? Did you use anything to control your drift? You are right about needing some reports from lakes other than Wylie. I don't know if the old message board is still operating but we seem to have lost some guys in the transition.
    One taste of the bait
    is worth the pain of the hook

clubeclectia.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default Not Falls, but Jordan

JCOMAN- good to hear a report from the area. Pretty good report ,too. Were these all keepers- or lifters or netters as our Lake Wylie reporters like to call them. I would also like to know if you were using lites and what kind?
    Last week, I made my first night fishing venture ever on Jordan Lake with Klu and Hawkeye. Got a bunch of small minnows and a couple of lights and went under the US 64 Bridge. Results were 3 keeper crappies, 2 catfish and a bunch of small stripers or white bass. Threw them all back and came home at midnight. it wasn't great but was better than 'Law and Order" reruns on TNT.
    What about these lights- we had one of the floaters and one of the hi intensity submergable guys. Which is preferred by all the experts on this site?
    Surely, there are better locations on Jordan than we had- is the Farrington bridge still hot this time of year? We killed them there with jigs in the spring, but weren't fishing at night.

Post Thanks / Like

We used one single floating light once once it got dark. We kept ten of the crappie that were caught although most all of them were keeper sized or boarder line. I am not sure about all this lifter or netter talk because we usually net every crappie we catch unless it is really small. Three of the Crappie that we caught had some size to them and were definately over 1lb., but most fish were probably 3/4 of a lb. We did not use anything to control our drift and we did not have a functioning depth finder, but we stayed around the right depth by droping weights to the bottom to judge the difference.
    AS for Jordan lake, I usually fish there more often than Falls. Farrington Point holds lots of Crappie, especially in the spring, but it may be the most popular fishing spot in the state. On any given night there will be atleast 5 or 6 boats under there fishing. And in the spring that place looks like a small city with all the lights. When I fish at Jordan I try my best to fish the lower half of the lake because there is much less fishing pressure down there near pittsboro. I hope this helps!
    JAY COMAN