Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Dock Shooting Question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dock Shooting Question

Got a question for everyone. Now that it is winter here in Middle Tennessee is dock shooting going to produce. I mainly fish Priest and the only docks are commercial and I don't know if they allow fishing around their docks, but would like everyone's thoughts about this.

A second question (I know, I am full of them) I have gone to braided line
    (10/2) for feel but have not been using a mono leader, just tieing the jig directly to the braid. I catch a few but seems after the first three or four they stop biting and I was wondering if using a mono leader might help.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Still catching them on docks here in Virginia. I don't use braid so I cann't help you there. I use Suffix green so I can see the bite.
    2008 Buggs Bash Champ! SML Dock Shooting King!

Post Thanks / Like

It may help or you may just switch colors on them and see. Here on lanier when we have water it is a dock lake, no place on the lake where you cant see 20 of them. They hold fish all year long. not all but the good ones do. look for docks in deep water or on the edge of deep water. Preferably one thats has brush. On lanier we have a lot of beavers that load up the docks for us with brush.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure different people will tell you different things, but I always use 20# green spider wire braid without a leader on my slip float/minnow setups, and it's nothing unusual for me to catch 25 or more crappie in one spot. Maybe I could catch more with a different color or diameter, but I don't see the need to fix something that is already producing well.