Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: How many pay attention to lunar periods

Post Thanks / Like

Default How many pay attention to lunar periods

For the last 3 or 4 years I've been paying more attention and have found they do make a difference. The best time to go fishing is any time you can, but if you can hit the new and full moon periods it usually pays off. New moon today and I'm going fishing. Bad part for me is that I can't get out till after five every day. I have hit the high noon bite on a full moon and killed them. Works for a new moon too.

Post Thanks / Like

New and full moons are a key time but I learned from reading an article that it goes even deeper than that.If you can time your trip aorund the moon rise or moonset on those days it gets even better.Time that with a sunset or rise and even better.So to cap , according to the article , if you hit the lake at sunrise and the moon is setting or rising at the same time along with a major moon phase your chances are great for trophy fish and numbers of fish.I dont keep a log and cant post hard results but those rare times have been good to me.The moon is a powerful thing.
    Commercial fishermen help feed the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Heres a link to the us naval observatory website where you can obtain sunrise and moonrise charts for an entire year.This link is to the moonrise chart for my home state and town go there and you can compute a table for any place on earth for free.Use this to plan longterm fishing trips and you wont be sorry.

http://aa.usno.navy.mil/cgi-bin/aa_rstablew.pl
    Commercial fishermen help feed the world.

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

I pay close attention to the phases and solunar tables. Peak fishing hours are right most times I fish. I have watched my watch and on a few trips caught more during the best times. They quit on que with the tables at times. I still fish anytime I can get the boat on the lake.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FalconSmitty
    I pay close attention to the phases and solunar tables. Peak fishing hours are right most times I fish. I have watched my watch and on a few trips caught more during the best times. They quit on que with the tables at times. I still fish anytime I can get the boat on the lake.
    True, Very True!

Post Thanks / Like

I try and plan trips with the full moon in mind.
    Duane

My soon to be ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead

Post Thanks / Like

I try to plan alot of my fishing at dawn in the summer, regardless of the phase of the moon. Crappie hit better at just before and just after sunrise . Most record fish of any species have been caught 3 days before and 3 days after a full moon.