Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Finally, a boat in my driveway

David Waters is offline Moderator Shoals Area Crappie Association Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Finally, a boat in my driveway

I bought a 21 foo Stratos 201 pro with a 200 merc. Runs awesome and will handle a lot of the rough water I fish in. There is tons on room in this boat for long rods and man will I be able to put some rod holders in this boat. Spider rigging will be incredible in this boat. Looking forward to setting it up right Friday and fishing Saturday.
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

congrats David. Sounds like you have a nice boat there. Good luck on getting your personal touches installed. I hope you load the boat with crappie on your maiden voyage.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

Amen to that, I'm just glad you live where you can put a boat in your driveway. I live in the Indianapolis area and boy, do some people throw fits. They say we "may" bring down the property values (in currently a down market) !!!
    Man I hope you have all the fun you can possibly have in it....
    rzh

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats On The Boat!!hope You Have A Great Day Saturday-good Fishin To Ya!!!dennis
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

David Waters is offline Moderator Shoals Area Crappie Association Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Guys. I will post a picture of the boat after I get-r set up. You know, this is an older boat, but she sure does look good to me. I have never owned this much boat before and I feel like a little kid again. The newness will wear off, but sure if fun to enjoy it while it lasts.

Because it is a stratos, it is a very heavy boat. It isn't really fast like one might expect from a 200, but the ride is unreal. I tried to make it porpose by trimming up and down coming out of the hole, but that heavy bow just layed down and never moved. Good storage areas, plus enough room for me to take out 2 customers without any problem. Not to mention, now when I come off of plain to fish, I don't have to wait for the other person to get up so we don't knock each other down. Next years tax return will go to new carpet and seat work.
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Post Thanks / Like

How about some before and after pictures, before and after you do this weekends installation.

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations! Age makes no difference if the boat has had good maint. and TLC. Now the fun part, rigging it just like you want. Good luck and good fishing. Yall come on down to "jawga" fish with us sometime!

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations David
    The first boat I owned was 19 years old when I bought it. I had several people tell me it looked better than their boat tha was a year or two old. Was a '76 Charger with an 85 HP Johnson on it. It took me 4 years to get it set up exactly like I wanted it.

Wife & I were fishing lake in Minnesota and 4 1/2 miles from the ramp and key for big motor broke off. No spare key had to go back on the trolling motor. Wife told me several time while leasurely cruising back to the ramp that I'd better think about getting a new boat. My comment was no way took me this long to get this boat the way I want it not going to start over. Well at age 27 that boat develped a bad stress crack and had to give it up. Now have a '96 Ranger that was almost set up exactly right.

Enjoy your Stratos
    Ranger375
    [email protected]
    North end of Lake Shelbyville

Post Thanks / Like

congrats on the boat, i know what you mean, getting it how you want it. I am restoring a 1956 Lone star boat, with a 1956 Mercury motor. It takes some time but man it is worth it. Good luck and enjoy.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Boat set up

Don't be rushing your set up to get fishing this weekend. About a month from now you'll probably be saying " I wish I had done it this way, or that way". Use the boat a little so you'll get the idea of your needs with this particular boat. Nothing worse that drilling holes and mounting equipment, and then having to move stuff around when you found it wasn't quite right. Been there, done that, on more than one boat!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast