Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Jigheads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jigheads

I'm looking for a place to buy minnow head jigs, leadheads, 1/16 with a #2 hook and 1/32 with a #4 hook can anyone help me out? Usually 1/16 comes with a smaller #4 hook and 1/32 comes with a #6 hook any idea's?

Post Thanks / Like

Check ebay. They have tons of jigheads. If you buy....make sure you check the sellers feedback history.
    Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jigs

Mudmac - I bought Minnow-head jigs at the Crappie Shop in Gray, GA last week. 1/48oz appears to have #4. Both 1/32 & 1/16 oz appear to have #2. Gold Hooks, minnow heads -- look great, and I could not believe the large hooks. Their #478-743-0058. Steve Deason, who fishes (and wins) many CrappieUSA events is owner. Hope this helps. JimA

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JimA
    Mudmac - I bought Minnow-head jigs at the Crappie Shop in Gray, GA last week. 1/48oz appears to have #4. Both 1/32 & 1/16 oz appear to have #2. Gold Hooks, minnow heads -- look great, and I could not believe the large hooks. Their #478-743-0058. Steve Deason, who fishes (and wins) many CrappieUSA events is owner. Hope this helps. JimA
    That is where I get ALL of my supplies as well, and they are all FANTASTIC!
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, I know Steve don't ask me why I didn't think of him and Ga boy gave me his address not long ago. Guess I'm getting forgetful in my old age. Ga. boy what do you hear about Occonee lately are they catching any in the Redlands yet or Sugar Creek how about Towns creek? I might have to burn a days leave soon. Well thanks again ya'll.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mudmac
    Thanks, I know Steve don't ask me why I didn't think of him and Ga boy gave me his address not long ago. Guess I'm getting forgetful in my old age. Ga. boy what do you hear about Occonee lately are they catching any in the Redlands yet or Sugar Creek how about Towns creek? I might have to burn a days leave soon. Well thanks again ya'll.
    No problem - I am sure he would love to see you in his shop......

From just what I have heard lately about Oconee......NOT FROM MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, but I have heard they backed out of that shallow water in the back of Sugar Creek and have headed for the deeper water for the time being. I was not able to get out there recently due to a death in our family.......

I have not heard anything about Redlands or Towns Creek, but if you are going soon......I would start looking in the shallows and then immediately have a back up plan for some deeper water......
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>