Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fishing etiquette?

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing etiquette?

My web page has a scanned copy of an article that appeared in our local paper courtesy of the Orlando Sentinel....I still abide by the rules set forth in this article as this was the way I was taught and it is the proper thing to do...What was left out was: jet skiers, water skiers and tubers...Someone needs to clue them in....I try!!!#$@^=!!@!@#$

This is a big file to download (1.7Mb), but worth the read..can't post it here as file size are limited...click on fishing etiquette...give me 30 minutes to get it there, as I could not post it here because of the file size...

Cane Pole

www.tomsstuff.net
    Last edited by Cane Pole; 06-28-2004 at 09:14 PM.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Boat Ramp manners

While fishing the other day I was ready to call it quits and head back to the boat dock. We only have one concrete boat ramp on this pit and when I arrived there was an olderr guy fishing right at the ramp where I was going to have to put my boat so that I could tie it up while I went to get the truck and boat trailer. The guy just continued to fish until I beached the boat. Then I noted that on the other side of the boat ramp he had placed a folding chair and he had his son fishing by the chair. Then to top it off somone parked their car right inline with the ramp. I had to make a sharp turn to get the trailer on the ramp. Why can't people park clear of the driveway which leads to the boat ramp. I mean he was parked within 20ft from the upper end of the boat ramp. If I were to pull straight out of the boat ramp I would have run into the back 1/3 of that car. Even when they put out signs telling people not to block the boat ramp they still park in areas that block the ramp. Do they just not think about things or do they just not care?

I prefer fishing during the week as the lake is much less crowded during the weekdays. Weekends you have to fight the crowds and that takes some of the fun out of fishing.

I just read about guys passing within 30ft of a parked boat on Kentucy lake. One boat went so close to a fishing boat that he got the fishermans line and jig in his prop and tore off all the line from the fishermans reel. Wonder what all that line will do to a boat's motor when it get's wrapped around the gears while the boat is going 60 mph?

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole
    My web page has a scanned copy of an article that appeared in our local paper courtesy of the Orlando Sentinel....I still abide by the rules set forth in this article as this was the way I was taught and it is the proper thing to do...What was left out was: jet skiers, water skiers and tubers...Someone needs to clue them in....I try!!!#$@^=!!@!@#$

This is a big file to download (1.7Mb), but worth the read..can't post it here as file size are limited...click on fishing etiquette...give me 30 minutes to get it there, as I could not post it here because of the file size...

Cane Pole

www.tomsstuff.net
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Default Here's my pet peeve

The lake we fish the most is Acton, situated in Hueston Woods State Park near Oxford, OH. We rarely fish on Sundays there because of the sailboat association's regatta. You've never met ruder people when it comes to ramp etiquette.

If you get the ramp after they finish their day of races, you will find most if not all the ramps blocked because they either don't know how to keep their boats tied up to one dock or because they have their cars and trailers parked in front of the ramps while they hold an after-race meeting.

Lately, there's been more watercraft safety enforcement at the lake, so I'm hoping they'll get after this bunch before someone gets hurt. Doug's had words with a few of them and I'm sure some of the good ole boys that fish there carry. - Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern