Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: How Many Have Ever Been

Post Thanks / Like

Default How Many Have Ever Been

I was wondering how many of you have ever been to the Texas Freshwater Fisheries Center in Athens, Texas. If you havent been its a great place to go. They have all of the varieties of freshwater fish that are in the State of Texas. They have huge bass, crappie, & catfish as well as a variety of other fish. It is a great place to visit if your ever around Athens, Texas. The Texas Parks and Wildlife Lunker program is there. If you happen to catch a black bass over I think 13 pounds, they will come and pick the live fish up and supply you with a fiberglass replica. I am not sure if they do large crappie that way also but if they dont they sure need to.
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Father of 4:

Thanks for the heads up. I checked out their website - http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/spdest/visitorcenters/tffc/ - and I'm thinking about making a stop there on my way to Arizona for Christmas. It would be about two and a half hours out of my way but I wouldn't even have to look at BIG D!!!

I think my boys and I would really enjoy visiting that place.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I went there about 4 or 5 years ago and it's a great place to see all the fish and yes they have some biguns!

Nice vist to make!

Yeah Jerry it is a great place for kids to get up close to the fish. You should take them.

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Blake
    Hey Father of 4:

Thanks for the heads up. I checked out their website - http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/spdest/visitorcenters/tffc/ - and I'm thinking about making a stop there on my way to Arizona for Christmas. It would be about two and a half hours out of my way but I wouldn't even have to look at BIG D!!!

I think my boys and I would really enjoy visiting that place.
    I sure hope you enjoy it. If you do decided to stay the night there I recomend Best Western Inn on the Hill
    The address is 2050 Hwy. 31 East there in Athens and the Number to there is (903) 675-9214 It is up off of the Highway and also has a restaurant and there is also a bar there. The restaurant is pretty good.
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

Post Thanks / Like

It's a great place to spend the day, especially this time of year when the fishing is slow after the fronts.