Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Rule Aereator Pump

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rule Aereator Pump

I have a Rule Pro Series aerator pump in my 03 Bass Tracker that has quit working. I suspect it either has a defective motor or something trapped/lodged in the impeller(blows fuse). From what I can find out, the motor assem. can be removed from the pump to be replaced and the impeller area can be seen. Just wonder if anyone knows exactly how the motor assem. is removed. I am trying to keep from doing more damage than good.
    Thanks,
    AG

Post Thanks / Like

Default pump

Quote Originally Posted by gkvette
    I have a Rule Pro Series aerator pump in my 03 Bass Tracker that has quit working. I suspect it either has a defective motor or something trapped/lodged in the impeller(blows fuse). From what I can find out, the motor assem. can be removed from the pump to be replaced and the impeller area can be seen. Just wonder if anyone knows exactly how the motor assem. is removed. I am trying to keep from doing more damage than good.
    Thanks,
    AG
    I also have a tracker and have had the same prob. Sounds like a piece of trash has the impeller jammed. Best thing is to remove the pump so you can look at the impellar. Just loosen the hose clamps and remove the whole thing.If trash in the impellar is your problem, after you fix it you might want to put a screen over the in take, that will solve your prob. in the future. Good luck.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Only thing i can come up with is talking to local marine shop,they have more business than they can handle.I believe they would be willing to answer any questions you have.
    CATCH FILLET

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Look here, AG .....

Quote Originally Posted by gkvette
    Thanks,
    AG
    http://www.fishreports.net/boat/bait-well-pumps.html

Scroll down to find the Rule pump motors, and see if it has enough info to help you out. Depending on GPH and style, it looks like a replacement motor (if you need one) will run between $25-$45. Otherwise it looks like a simple open, clean, and replacing of the current motor ... might be all you need.
    I've only had experience with Attwoods, and even though I've only had to replace one of them (owning two boats over 30yrs) ... I did it myself, and just replaced the whole pump. (and believe me, I'm no mechanic/electrician DIY'er )

... luck2ya ... cp

Post Thanks / Like

I changed two of them last week. I bought a new Ranger in August that was built in June. There are suppose to be two 700 gpm Rule Pro-Series. One was an old 700 and the other was an even older 500. I guess somebody took the liberty of exchanging there old ones out with my new ones while on the dealers lot.
    The 500 gpm unit in the rear live well was cracked all around the base and completely rotted out with rust on the inside.
    You unlock it by pushing in on the lock tangs at the top and then turn it clockwise to the stop. Rock it back and forth pulling up and it will come out. That O-ring is tight so you may need to hold on to pump housing while pulling on it but it will come out. Push the new pump in until it snaps and then turn counterclockwise to the stop and you're done. I didn't have to remove the whole thing.

Post Thanks / Like

I just replaced mine 2 days ago. My old one had a bearing squeel. It is not that hard to replace if you have to. Most of them can come apart while still in the boat for cleaning. (I cleaned my old one twice) If you can see the pump look for a set screw or arrow to tell you how to take off the cover. You might look and see what kind of pump you have then google it for cleaning. If you change it put a screen on it that will reduce trash in take.
    My 2 cents
    Bill

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Had a 94 tracker. Getting to the pump was the biggest problem. I had to lay belly down on the floor to even reach it. Pump was clogged with paper. Took it apart, removed the paper, put it back together, and never had another problem with it. Kept that boat for 12 years too.