Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Humminbird 997 verses 797

Post Thanks / Like

Default Humminbird 997 verses 797

What is the advantage of 997 over the 797 besides size of the screen ,peak to peak power , 2 sd card slots , does the 797 have an sd slot. Where can I find the cheapest price , Ha .

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Best Price

Quote Originally Posted by howferg
    What is the advantage of 997 over the 797 besides size of the screen ,peak to peak power , 2 sd card slots , does the 797 have an sd slot. Where can I find the cheapest price , Ha .
    All I know about the 2 is what I've read on here & other sites. As for the best price... The best I've found is at
    www.jandhproducts.com
    Crappie Stomper Guide Service
    Crappie Fish'n With Attitude!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/crappiestomper
    ACC Crappie Stix Pro Staff
    Corn Field Crappie Gear Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Well I have been looking at these two units for a long time. I have gone back and forth addressing the pro's and cons of each. Price, power, screen size, navionics or no navionics bundle, yada yada yada. But I was at my local bass pro shops yesterday and I saw something about the 797 I didn't like! The unit that was there had some play in the quick disconnect between the mount and the unit. This caused the unit when you were navigating throught the screens to shut off when the unit was bumped a certian way. I realize that a million hands have been on this unit, but what would a bumpy boat ride do to it over time. I really like the side imaging I am making my way back to the 997 because it has the snap connections in the back and not the quick dissconnect mount.

Post Thanks / Like

Default 997 Humminbird

As for the cheapest price I found one on e-bay for 1702.65 with transducer . Mason warehouse , its on order hope to get it by friday let you know . right now it is free shipping 1.75 for insurance.