Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: boat carpet

Post Thanks / Like

Default boat carpet

Does anyone reccomend anything else otehr than carpet in a boat? can you put anything else over wood instead of carpet, like the rhino liner or what not...also, how do you carpet around hinges? take them off or what? thanks in advance

Post Thanks / Like

Ive seen the rino sprayed boats mostly duck boats but they look good and u no its tough. Yes remove all your hindges and trim and reinstall after you put down your carped its looks better and also helps it stay down when you use the water based marine adhesive after a while the edges and corners like to pull up it will help keep them down.
    Mr. Plucker

Post Thanks / Like

Lund offers vinyl with a snap out carpet option that makes it easy to clean. Not sure how hard it would be to install yourself. I opted for straight carpet, as I couldn't see myself removing the carpet at regular intervals and knew I'd bust my rearend falling on the vinyl alone.

Post Thanks / Like

Cabelas has a product called Tuff Coat . It is a non-slip product like bed liner.I re-worked the floor in my boat and put it down over fiberglass and wood. It did great. I put a coat of XIM oil base primer down first then rolled it on with a roller .

Post Thanks / Like

Default But, in summertime...

Floor gets awful hot without carpet.
    Early to bed, early to rise,
    Fish like hell, make up lies.

Post Thanks / Like

That could be a problem for the barefooted fisherman . Mashed minners,
    crushed crickets, dried up worms, crappie nibbles, fish blood.....it all washes out with a water hose. It also comes in 4-5 different colors .

Post Thanks / Like

Most salt water boats don't have carpet. They just rinse out with hose. 5 minutes and your done. I have carpet in my old bass boat. I wish it was some other material or coating you could wash off. CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

Post Thanks / Like

I had my Procraft covered with Speedliner when the carpet got to looking bad. It has worked well for 4 years now, easy to clean, slip resistant and not as hot as the fiberglass is around it in the summertime. You could also strip the carpet out and cover the wood with a colored epoxy resin but it could get warm if you run around barefoot. However, I have NEVER seen a fisherman barefoot in his boat. Too much stuff to step on!

Post Thanks / Like

I installed marine vinyl in mine and love it. Just wash out with a hose and your done.http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...015&hasJS=true

WALLY MARSHALL PRO STAFF
    CATCHIN' CRAPPIE GUIDE SERVICE
    CREEKS ROD TRANSPORT RACK
    870-307-2572