Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Bee Problem

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bee Problem

Here in Paducah (Cottle County) we have had some bee problems in the past couple of years. Cottle County has a quaranteen on removing any bee boxes that may be here. We have had many confirmed cases of Africanized (Killer) Bees. I am a member of our Volunteer Fire Dept. and since we are getting several calls about a lot of bees, we decided to buy some bee suits a couple of years ago. Below is a pic of me when we had gotten a call of a hive inside a wall. The hive was 2' wide and 8' tall inside of the wall. We sent about 100 of them to Texas A&M research center and were confirmed to be killer bees. I tell you what even though we have the bee suits on, if you get it tight next to your skin, you still get stung. I got stung around 8 to 10 times that day. Its ok though I love to do it. Nothing better to get the addrenallin pumping lol.
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

Post Thanks / Like

Soap and water works great on bees. It clings to their wings and they cant fly and they wind up dying.
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

Post Thanks / Like

My Son use to remove bees from inside of walls when he lived in MS,I've helped him do it alot of times.YOU DO NOT WANT TO KILL THE BEES INSIDE OF A WALL, There is alot to it,removing sheetrock, siding or what ever to get to them, Over there the pest control, fire dept's, would give out his number,got where he got more calls than he could do.So I'd go over & do some of them,Even took out some one time from the state cap-building:D ,3 stories up,that paid REAL GOOD:D