Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Lake Greeson Spring Crappie Camp 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Greeson Spring Crappie Camp 2008

Spring Crappie Camp at Kirby Landing Recreation area on Lake Greeson in South West Central Arkansas is set for April 11,12 and 13.

Everyone that is interested in crappie fishing and sharing information on techniques, tackle, electronics, gizmos and gadgets used in the sport is welcome to attend. There will be plenty of camping sites available and there is lodging available in the area. This will be a "family oriented" get-together so bring the kids.

Darryl and I will be working but we'll have time to take Crappie Campers out for short periods to see how we fish for crappie. There will be plenty of places in fellow Crappie Camper's boats so you don't necessarily need to bring a boat.

We'll have a Potluck Fish Fry Saturday evening. We'll ask everyone to bring a side dish, desert, drinks or disposable plates, cups and silverware. We'll also be looking for Crappie Campers willing to bring a fish fryer and fry up the fish we plan on catching. If everyone donates some of their catch we will have plenty of fish. We'll have a supply of crappie fillets on hand just in case the crappie decide not to join us. As we get closer we'll compile a list of what everyone is bringing so we'll have everything we need.

We'll have a Big Fish Contest on Saturday only with the weigh in at 5:00pm. We'll have BnM Jig Poles and Pflueger reels for First, Second and Third place winners.

Hope to see you there!
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome!! I think I'll come down a bit early. Planning on being there Dec. 27th. <G>

Seriously, Jill and I will start planning.

Jeff
    Skeeter Jeff
    Indianapolis, IN

Post Thanks / Like

There won't be any shortage of places for folks to fish during Spring Crappie Camp. This week Darryl, Jim, Charlie and I added another Flat Mat to 13 of the shallow Crappie Condos we put in for Crappie Camp two years ago making them into Double Flat Mats:

And we've been building Bamboo Mega Mats

and Bamboo Laydowns:

In case anyone is interested in seeing how we build these I'm working on a page for my website with details and more pictures - http://www.actionfishingtrips.com/habitat.htm

We've built or added too nearly 50 shallow bamboo condos in the last two weeks and we're planning to do another 30 or so next week.

If you're wondering what bamboo looks like after it's been in the water a couple years here's a picture:

As you can see, all the small limbs that provide excellent cover for small crappie are still in place. And they're still flexible so a hook or jig usually just slides right off.

"If you build it, they WILL come"
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Those are great dates for me. I'll be there for sure probly all week. Looking forward to seeing all the good folks who show up you'll have a real good time. Jerry and Darryl put on a first rate operation and if the fish and weather cooperate that will be a bigger bonus.
    MT.DEW AND JP8 IN THE MORNING GETS THE BLOOD FLOWING.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm ready for spring and Spring Crappie Camp. I'm bringing the kayak this year instead of dragging the boat.

I've learned a bunch of new tying tips and have started pouring soft plastics so hopefully Mike S and I can do some demos.

All you tiers start getting some jigs together and we'll swap at Crappie Camp. Bring some stuff and your vice also as we rally at night and tie jigs and pour soft plastics. Great time for us amateurs (?) to share ideas. Dont miss it!!! After camp we'll have each others adresses, etc. so we can swap anytime we want.

Hopefully my son (billbob) will be there too. :rolleyes:
    Last edited by texascrappiefisherman; 12-16-2007 at 12:03 PM.
    Jerry Hamon
    Van Alstyne, Texas
    http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w142/texascrappiefisherman/MSKFCPRES_zps568e5f40.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Sounds great to me!

I'll bring some goodies to tie with, and everything I need for pouring plastics too. I have been fine tuning my plastic bait creations, and had an opportunity to try out some of my hottest new baits and colors just today! (12-20-07)

I just might be on to something........ Out of sixty "votes of approval" I recieved today, here are the top five. :D
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I may have a "Crappie" job, but you should see my office!

Post Thanks / Like

looks good mike. see you at camp.
    MT.DEW AND JP8 IN THE MORNING GETS THE BLOOD FLOWING.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Jerry and Mike, good to hear y'all are making plans to get back to Crappie Camp. We'll plan on y'all doing some Mini Seminars again. Anyone else that has any crappie fishing products they want to show off are more than welcome.

Darryl and I will have all of BnM's jig poles in a few different lengths for folks to try out on the water - catching fish.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default where

where is this crappie camp and how do i take part in it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PINT2301
    where is this crappie camp and how do i take part in it?
    Crappie Camp is at Kirby Landing on Lake Greeson, Arkansas. Just show up and camp and have a good time. Here's a link to a page on my website about crappie camp - http://www.familyfishingtrips.com/CrappieCampMain.htm - plus there are lots of pictures of past crappie camps.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast