Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Hummingbird 565?!?

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hummingbird 565?!?

For those of you that own (or have owned) a Hummingbird 565....whatda ya think?!? I own an Eagle 480 and am thinking about the Hummingbird. Can fish ID be turned off to see the arches? How's navigating around on the finder? Are there alot of adjustments that can be made...sensitivity, grayline, zoom, etc.? How well does the 20 degree and 60 degree cone work? I'm looking in the $200 price range. Any other ideas? Thanks.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Default 565

I have had a 565 for 2 yrs now. I fish 6 or 7 days a week for 7 months. These are just personal observations on my unit others may (probably) have different observations. I have never turned the Fish ID (beeps)off, I don't have to watch the screen as much & can watch the line & rod tip. I consider the finder very easy to use. The 20 & 60 degree cone work fine, hollow symbol on the 60,solid on the 20. It shows drops & weed lines well. I don't have any submerged (stumps,trees etc.) structure. Now the bad news, It does not show your jig as advertised. It will not show the fish if they are not moving. Actually this saves time because if you don't mark fish you can move and find some active fish. Final opinion, I would buy the same unit again.

Post Thanks / Like

I like mine. Just make sure you keep dielectric grease on the terminals or it will start giving funky readings or not work at all. Which mines stays outside alot during fishing season.:D
    Gone Fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Well worth the $.....you won't be disappointed
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

If so desired, can the fish symbols be turned off to show arches instead?
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes the fish arches and be turned off on any of th humminbird units. Now will it show perfect fish arches( Even the first one they made that showed fish symbols it could also be turned off on it also. I still have one of them) That I can not tell you.
    Good luck.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MAINEIAC
    . Now the bad news, It does not show your jig as advertised. It will not show the fish if they are not moving. Actually this saves time because if you don't mark fish you can move and find some active fish. Final opinion, I would buy the same unit again.

I have humminbirds and they will show a jig! You have to increase the sensitivity. They do show arches though there is no reason to do this as fish ID takes the guessing out and you can use stronger sensitivity! As for not showing fish moving, I have been anchored and showed plenty of fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappielimits
    I have humminbirds and they will show a jig! You have to increase the sensitivity. They do show arches though there is no reason to do this as fish ID takes the guessing out and you can use stronger sensitivity! As for not showing fish moving, I have been anchored and showed plenty of fish.
    crappielimits, with my older unit I always kept fish ID off since it would show fish sybols with EVERYTHING that floats suspended underneath the boat...ie: grass, sunken leaves, water logged wood, etc. I also anchor and night fish with my unit on. As long as a fish stayed under the come the graph drew a constant line across the screen, moving up or down as the fish came shallower or went deeper. I'm not sure what the graph would show other than crowding the screen with mulitple fish symbols when night fishing anchored so that's another reason I like using the arches. AND, I do agree that b7y getting the most from your unit you NEED to learn to use the sensitivity button.

Post Thanks / Like

Default 565

I don't doubt that some 565s will show your jig as others have posted this also, but mine will not no matter what the sensitivity is set at. Its not a problem for me as the fish suspend at 10 to 18ft during the summer and with a 10ft jig pole I use that to judge the depth of my jig.

Post Thanks / Like

Good unit for the $
    Mr. Plucker