Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Hey Ed

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey Ed

I gotta tell ya, either the ISP or the equipment is TERRIBLE or both. I would tell your ISP that you have E-COMMERCE moving thru your site and EVERYTIME it goes down you lose potential sales. No way a business could operate the way your site is so inconsistent in the last year. Just my opinion and everyone knows what those are worth. And I donated and thank Ed for all he does so this is nothing personal Ed, just seems like at least everyday when I try and log on it is down...ONCE A DAY MIND YOU!!!

I'll say what's on my mind. I know most of you have hinted around about saying this but I WILL SAY IT...
    Last edited by sac-a-lait; 11-30-2007 at 04:54 PM.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

He posted on another thread that he has a second new server coming this week-end. I'm sure he's doing all he can.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

All I'm saying is some of it might be out of his control UNTIL you turn up the heat on your ISP? I'm just stating my opinion on the equipment and ISP-not on ED. As I said over and over, ED IS THE MAN and I have donated for new equipment so I think I can voice my opinion. That's all it is. Not trying to get a bunch of stuff started.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Good grief Rick! I mearly pointed out that he had commented on the problem on another thread. Sorry I mentioned it.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Does Ed have another fishing site also as there is a ED ? who runs a local sight in northern Il. Thanks I sure miss this site when it goes down, could lose several others & not care but this one just hurts when its down cause lots of great folks here.
    Last edited by jaxsprat; 11-30-2007 at 10:45 PM.
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.....

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink It's OK, IBNFSHN ... (& SAC) (& JAX)

Quote Originally Posted by IBNFSHN
    Good grief Rick! I mearly pointed out that he had commented on the problem on another thread. Sorry I mentioned it.
    Rick has a right to express his opinion, same as you have a right to counter it, or agree to disagree with it. Though ... I think the opinion expressed, would have been better served, had it been sent via PM ... directly to Ed.

Bare in mind, though ... donations do not give anyone a bully pulpit. They are to be given voluntarily, for the benefit of the site, as well as for the love of the site.

JAX - I believe Ed does have more than just this site, running thru his systems.

Ed loves this site as much as we do, and loves the members, too .. otherwise he wouldn't keep it running at a financial loss (or minimal gain, at best). He also has to pay the bills, which is why he has a full time job selling BMW's. But, believe me ... he's not any happier than we are, when the system goes down .. and I'm sure he's exploring every possible way to insure that it runs smooth and stays up. He's always tried to meet our demands for a bigger and better site, and one which we can be a part of ... for free.

Hang in there, guys and gals ... I'm sure Ed is diligently working on the problem.

.... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Well said, pappy. Yeah, I too go into D.T.'s when I need my C.C. fix and it is down . BUT, I feel I cant comlain about it because I realize im not paying dues or membership fees or anything like that. Everyone should be grateful for when the site is up and running. Ive spent more time on a computer this year than I ever have, and thats primarily because of this site. I know I wouldnt (couldnt) put the time into a website that Ed does this one, especially not even making money off of it, so He is a better man than me. And until the next crash, good fishing to Y"all!:D

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaxsprat
    Does Ed have another fishing site also as there is a ED ? who runs a local sight in northern Il. Thanks I sure miss this site when it goes down, could lose several others & not care but this one just hurts when its down cause lots of great folks here.
    Yes, Ed has a few other websites, including the "Salmon" link on top of this page (Salmonoid.com).

Post Thanks / Like

seems to be running a lot faster.
    Last edited by sac-a-lait; 12-01-2007 at 04:30 PM.