Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Rod holder base mount

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rod holder base mount

Ok guys, I need your help again. Where is the best (cheapest) place to get bases for drifmasters to go on a round rail? It doesn't matter what size rail, it just needs to be round.

Thanks, pstone

Post Thanks / Like

I really haven't seen these around anywhere, of course, I got mine here

http://www.driftmaster.com/Bases.html

Post Thanks / Like

Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Pstone,
    I don't think this is what you need. It may help someone though. If you want to make your own T-Bar setup instead of paying the big bucks for a brand name like Driftmaster you can get what you need at your local home improvement store. Get you two 3/4" or 1/2" (depending on diameter desired) plumbing flange and mount to bottom of boat with four screws. Buy 2 pieces of 18" galvanized pipe threaded on both ends. This mounts to the bases on the floor. Buy 2 T's to screw to the top of the 18" pipes. Get 4 pieces of 12" galvanized threaded pipe to screw into the T's. This makes the horizontal bar 24" long. Each Tbar setup is 18" tall and 24" long. I mount four rod holders and a gps mount to one Tbar. I put one Tbar at each corner of the boat. One Tbar is less than $20.00. If something breaks you can easily replace it at any local plumbing/home improvement store near almost any lake.

Quote Originally Posted by pstone
    Ok guys, I need your help again. Where is the best (cheapest) place to get bases for drifmasters to go on a round rail? It doesn't matter what size rail, it just needs to be round.

Thanks, pstone

Post Thanks / Like

Good post crappihunter. I like make you own posts like this.
    Thanks
    Bill

East TN, Douglas,Cherokee,Watuga and South Holston
    Post Thanks / Like

i just bought mine through stripertackle.net call mike jones Phone: 770.205.4000 he will set you up
    i just purchased two t-bars and rail clamps saved a lot of money
    Speck

Real men troll for crappie (Here Fishy Fishy !)

monkscrappie is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Rod Holder Bases

Quote Originally Posted by pstone

Thanks, pstone
    WHERE DID YOU BUY YOUR ROD HOLDERS? YOU NEED 9 BASES FOR 3/8 THREADS. DRIFTMASTER 214 B IS FOR 7/8 OD TUBING. DRIFTMASTER 215 B IS FOR 1 INCH OD TUBING. SEND PM AND TELL ME HOW MANY YOU NEED AND I WILL GET YOU A PRICE.

MONK http://MONKSCRAPPIE.COM
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Here is my spider-rigging rod holders and base. I used 1/2 galv. pipe for the upright. I then used 2-12" of 3/4 galv. pipe and 3/4 T for my T-bar. I used a 3/4 X 1/2 reducing bushing to attach upright to T-bar. I used 4 split-ring pipe hangers for 3/4 pipe for the bases of the driftmasters. You can loosen 1 of the bolts that hold them together to adjust the height of your rod tips.

For the base I used a 1" floor flange mounted to the floor of my boat and a 1" X 6" pipe nipple. I then used the nut and washer from a 1/2 dresser coupling to mount the 1/2'" upright to the base. I drilled a 1/4" hole thru both and used a pin so the upright could not twist. The dresser coupling nut and washer take out the wobble. Just pull pin loosen nut and the rod holder can be removed.

WALLY MARSHALL PRO STAFF
    CATCHIN' CRAPPIE GUIDE SERVICE
    CREEKS ROD TRANSPORT RACK
    870-307-2572

Post Thanks / Like

Monk, You know I bought the holders, and the poles and reels to go in them from you. Problem is, I'm out of money. I got to go CHEAP on the T bar!:rolleyes:

Thanks for all of the ideas guys. I will prob combine some of your ideas and mine, and get everything I need.

Thanks a lot guys, I really appreciate it guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by monkscrappie
    WHERE DID YOU BUY YOUR ROD HOLDERS? YOU NEED 9 BASES FOR 3/8 THREADS. DRIFTMASTER 214 B IS FOR 7/8 OD TUBING. DRIFTMASTER 215 B IS FOR 1 INCH OD TUBING. SEND PM AND TELL ME HOW MANY YOU NEED AND I WILL GET YOU A PRICE.

MONK http://MONKSCRAPPIE.COM

Post Thanks / Like

I used 5/8 cold-roll steel and welded that to a piece of 1" Sq tubing. Then welded a bolt to that. And then stick the bolt down into a piece of 1" black pipe. That screws into a round piece made like creekslicks. Not a lot of $$ in it. and works.
    If you were close I would help you build a set.
    pete