Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Anti-Christan Movie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anti-Christan Movie

I don't know if any of you have heard about the new "children's" movie coming out - the golden compass but this is a very anti-christan movie that talks about killing God so that people can do what they want. The movie is toned way down in hopes to get parents to buy the books (which are alot mor graphic) for thier kids for Christmas. I am not telling you what to watch or not to watch but wanted you guys/gals to be aware of what the movie is about.

Here is some more information on it.

You may already know about this, but I just learned about a
    kids movie coming out in December starring Nicole Kidman.
    I's called The Golden Compass, and while it will be a
    watered down version, it is based on a series of children's
    books about killing God (It is the anti-Narnia). Please
    follow this link, and then pass it on. From what I
    understand, the hope is to get alot of kids to see the
    movie - which won't seem too bad - and then get the parents
    to buy the books for their kids for Christmas. The quotes
    from the author sum it all up. I'm going to tell everyone
    about this movie. I hope it totally bombs because we were
    all paying attention!

Read the article on snopes below......

http://snopes.com/politics/religion/compass.asp
    Dwyane
    The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary!

SMILE- A curve that can set a lot of things straight!

Post Thanks / Like

I tell you what my Children or my Family are not going to watch it and when it comes out on video, it will not be allowed in my house.
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

Post Thanks / Like

I tell you what I may be lucky but from what I have seen our kids are a little smarter than we give them credit for sometimes - my nephew is 17 - I have had him with me for most of his life - but he told me about the movie coming out and said he did not think it would ever go over very well because of the anti-god subject matter - he reads at least one book a week and sometimes more - he reads everything and then he passes judgement on it - he is smart enough to realize it is fiction - he loves comedy movies where there is drinking and typical young folk antics - but the boy is so anti-alcohol and drugs - better than his uncle who enjoys an adult beverage from time to time and he gives me a hard time about it especially the fact that I am a law enforcement officer - in the same manner he gives me credit because I will not drink a drop if I am out and I have to drive - now I know everyone is not that lucky and all the stupid stuff that happens in our schools and public places most of the time gets planted in folks mind from something they saw on TV or in a movie or a song - but folks have to understand it is fiction and it is made for entertainment purposes - and people have to take resposibilities for there actions and not blame it on the movies or music - parents need to be more active in what there kids watch and if you feel your kids can't distinguish the difference in fantasy and real life you don't need to let them watch this stuff or if you don't want to support this kind of entertainment and you think it is sending out wrong messages take a stance and be a parent and don't let your kids see it - you know your family and you your kids - if you are a good parent you know your kids - things are different for different folks - I will let my nephew go see the movie if he wants to because of his ability to know the difference in fantasy and real life - as of now he is not sure he wants to spend his money on this movie - I am pretty proud of the boy
    Last edited by crap-king; 11-28-2007 at 10:17 AM.
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone seen the movie? All I have seen is trailers on TV.
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

If Mr. Pullman is atheist..which he is lying..what is he fighting? C.S. Lewis? Naw, he is fighting God,whom he believes in.

That is what gets me about atheist, if there is no God, why the fight or the arguement? Just let the dumb masses believe in something in which he does not believe, no harm done to him.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, I was a little surprised to see Nicole K in it - just saw the trailer or
    whatever you call it, but had heard about the controversy before I saw it.
    Not a big fan of hers or anything, just found it a little surprising.
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Post Thanks / Like

i would say see the movie instead of taking critics words for it... i mean look at hary potter if you wanted to make a huge deal that movie is anti god also

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by john h
    i mean look at hary potter if you wanted to make a huge deal that movie is anti god also
    I know some will not agree with me on this but I see Harry Potter as good vs. evil......Not anti god but that is just my opinion. And I never heard,read,saw where Harry Potter tries to kill God.
    Dwyane
    The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary!

SMILE- A curve that can set a lot of things straight!

Post Thanks / Like

I can't/won't tell anyone else if they should/shouldn't go see this movie. But as for me and my house we will not.
    Birddog,

I pray that I may live to fish until my dying day. And when it comes to my last cast I then most humbly pray. When in the Lord's great landing net and peacefully asleep. That in His mercy I be judged, BIG ENOUGH TO KEEP.

Post Thanks / Like

Just saw a trailer on tv about it tonight and thought it might be something to go see. Didn't know it had that story line. Thanks for the heads up. Kinda makes you think what motivates the people to make this stuff. Surely they know full well that the vast majority of our country is Christian.
    Sacred Heart of Mary, pray for us now, and at the hour of our death. AMEN
    For those who believe, no explanation is necessary....for those who don't, no explanation is possible
    For the sake of his sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and the whole world

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast