Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Favorite Water Temp?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Favorite Water Temp?

At what water temp. have you caught the most fish. Also the lake I fish on, I catch several 7-8in. fish and every now and then a 12-14in. fish. Can to many 5-8in fish hurt the population or stunt growth?

Post Thanks / Like

I worry more about the ambient temp for me than I do the water temp for the fish. I like any where between 50 to 70. a couple of years ago, my favorite fishing hole had way to many throwbacks. Now the quality of the fish is better, but, I don't catch as many fish.
    DP
    I am a heterosexual male. 2 Chronicles 7:14
    "If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

Post Thanks / Like

I can catch a fish every cast during the Spawn. As fast as you can cast, land a fish, and cast again the Spawn is hard to beat. During the spawn I throw back fish I would normally keep because I know I will catch a bigger one. Winter time the fish school up and start fattening up for the spawn but you gotta find them. If you havent already done so Check out http://www.myoutdoortv.com look up midwest Crappie and start from there. Plus Bass Pro.com has some good articles on Crappie fishing anytime of the year. I saved them to my hard drive and if you want I can email them to you if you PM me.

Post Thanks / Like

My fish like to feed when water temp is below 45*.

Most times I catch 11 small fish (under 10") to one keeper (over 10") on the big lakes here.
    Early to bed, early to rise,
    Fish like hell, make up lies.