Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: fishin suggestions

Post Thanks / Like

Default fishin suggestions

any suggestions i fish this local lake last weekend in bradenton FL and only caught one crappie. i used a jig head with a curly tail grub and i caught one in about 3 feet of water will drifting by a cove. i know thier spawning and i know the water is warmer and i can see the spawning beds.the lakes average depth is 13 feet most of the lake is about 3-9 feet and under the bridge its around 20 feet i fished the bridge for awhile and didnt get any thing sence thier spawning and all. i fished the whole lake the creeks the bridges and the mouth of the creeks and only got one fish so what the deal i woundered if any one had an answer or a suggestion. :D
    :D CRACKER :D

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb me thinks maybe you were ...

fishing too deep ??
    I'd be throwing a 1/32oz marabou under a float - to the open banks ...... and a 1/32-1/16oz weedless jighead/tube jig to the weeds and wood. And I'd be fishing the 1-6ft range of water depth, and looking for some wood/weeds in that depth....esp. if the water is clear enough that you can "see the beds". (are you sure you weren't seeing Bluegill or Bass beds?)
    Considering your location ... the spawn should have been pretty much over, by now ... you sure they aren't post spawn and suspended out in open water (resting & recooperating from the spawn) ?? ....... cp

Post Thanks / Like

ya i kinda though they were going to be shallower. but wasnt sure...so you say you think the spawns over? ya the beds i sall were....well i dont know what kinda fish made them i just sall tons of them all over the lake... well thanks for the advice ill have to keep that in mind next week when i go....i sure hope the weather wasnt like it was today..cuz it was bout 50 degrees and rainin perty nasty....thanks agian

Post Thanks / Like

Okee, just had to laugh. My buddy and I are planning a trip this weekend to look for some crappie, and we are hoping for some 50degree rainy days to warm the water up some! Is 30s days, down to high teens/20s nights for most of this week. I guess a Hoosier's dream is a Floridian's nightmare! :p

Post Thanks / Like

LMAO ya this cracker is used to 70s and 80s all day and the lows at night bout 60

fiddlefarter is offline Moderator Crappie Cover Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Mt. Juliet, TN...Percy Priest Lake/Old Hickory Lake
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice! Shorts and T-shirt weather.
    Ya ain't holdin' your mouth right.