Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Maxium Or Power Drive????

Post Thanks / Like

Default Maxium Or Power Drive????

I HAVE A LESS THAN ONE YEAR OLD 70 LB MAXIUM AND WAS THINKING ABOUT CHANGING TO A COPILOT 70LB POWER DRIVE WITH POSSIBLE AUTO PILOT. I WAS JUST WONDERING WHAT EVERYBODY THOUGHT ABOUT THAT??

B'n'M Pro Staff
    Driftmaster Pro Staff
    Vicious Pro Team

Post Thanks / Like

If you do a lot of trolling you will like the auto pilot. If you make the change you might want to consider the co-pilot.

Post Thanks / Like

auto pilot is the only way to go if you troll.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer

Post Thanks / Like

If you are crappie fishing autopilot is the only way. You can always add copilot, but not autopilot.

Post Thanks / Like

If I was going to longline or flatline I would want the PD and it would have to have the AP. The co pilot would make a good fathers day gift. But I dont longling enough, mostly riggn or dippin. So got to stick with my MAX it dont get no better!
    Mr. Plucker

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I love the autopilot. I forget to disengage it sometimes when I lift the tm out of the water. It keeps on steering. ha
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole
    I love the autopilot. I forget to disengage it sometimes when I lift the tm out of the water. It keeps on steering. ha
    I feel better now, thought I was the only one. Motor is so quiet that sometimes I try to raise the motor while its running.

Post Thanks / Like

I got the new Terova AP w/copilot 80# and it's great. You can set the auto pilot and if you get hung up just point the head where your bait is and it will take you right to it, amazing. Buy it , you want be disapointed. Until dec. 31 they will give you a second remote comtrol button if you buy the copilot with the TM.
    honey.'':o the weather is to bad to work in the yard so I think I'll go fishing''

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappielimits
    If you are crappie fishing autopilot is the only way. You can always add copilot, but not autopilot.
    You can have them changed to auto pilot too. They change the circuit board and top cover when its done. Seems like it was around $150 when we had my fishing buddy's motor done.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va