Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: just got back

Post Thanks / Like

Default just got back

well made it back from NC's Crystal Coast today and even though the fishing was not great the socializing was great - 02BFishin and his son(Bob), Shakespere and myself met up Thanksgiving Night and shared some stories and had a couple of adult bevarages as Shakspere cooked a nice turkey dinner from the tailgate of his truck and shared with us - I was not hungry but did have a glass of wine but it looked and smelled great - well Friday the winds did not cooperate so surf fishing was what most of the fellers did with just so-so results - my Father-in-law and I went into Bouge Inlet and found a couple of spots to get shielded from the wind and managed about 6 trout with one good 19.5 incher - Saturday the weatherman said it was gonna be much better with the winds dropping 9 to 12 knots from the 20 to 25 on Friday - so Pop - in law and me hit the water at 0530 at the Beaufort Public Ramp - light winds and 36 degrees - we say to each other this is gonna be all right - we turn the corner in the open water headed to Cape Lookout rock jetty - and got slapped in the face - 4 to 6 foot seas - 25 to 30 knots winds - thank god for gortex - my normally dry riding skiff performed well for terrible conditions but could not keep all that water out - anyway we got there safely with no fish to talk about and we ran the ocean side back at full plane with no problems - Bob (02BFishin) managed a false albacore and a bunch of small trout that day - Shakespere, 02BFishin,Bob and yself met up that night at Texas Steak House for another good meal and lie telling, I mean story telling - I went out Sunday Morning in the rain in Bouge Inlet but milder winds and temps and got into some trout - 15 specs with about 6 good keepers that we ate Sunday Night - hope we all can get together again for some more socializing and fishing - I may go back the weekend after XMAS but will not be taking the boat but fishing with pop-in-law in his boat - did get to play with the new trolling motor but I got a lot to learn with it - works great just got to learn how to manuever with the wind and current - great
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry the conditions weren't better but looks like yall made the best of it.
    Thanks for the picture.
    Dwyane
    The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary!

SMILE- A curve that can set a lot of things straight!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report, very detailed, I almost felt like I was there with yall...lol..
    Maybe if you can get back over there after Christmas the weather will cooperate with you and you can get on them good. But it's like you said, the socializing is what makes it all worth it. Congrats on the ones yall were able to catch.
    You can't fish with a hung line!

Post Thanks / Like

well they was not gator trout like you guys catch in LA but they was fun and the keepers did eat great - in a trout tourny there 2 guys did catch 3 trout that weighed 23.76 lbs... big fish was 8.92 lbs ... now that us 3 good trout
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crap-king
    well they was not gator trout like you guys catch in LA but they was fun and the keepers did eat great - in a trout tourny there 2 guys did catch 3 trout that weighed 23.76 lbs... big fish was 8.92 lbs ... now that us 3 good trout

Post Thanks / Like

Tuesday they caught 42 trout culling 16" fish - always my story shoulda been here yesterday or you oughta stay till tommarrow

Sierra Vista, Arizona; originally from Tampa, FL
    Post Thanks / Like

Well that's a pretty one. Sorry bout the weather conditions. It seems that you still had some fun.
    Dino...
    (25 year U.S. Army retiree and Combat Veteran)
    :D Fishing is fun; Catching is better