PDA

View Full Version : Midwest Crappie Shows Added Online

russ
11-26-2007, 03:59 PM
Just wanted to let everyone know that the 6 new shows are up and running on www.myoutdoortv.com This brings the total to 12 that we have airing there. Again, this is totally free to view. The added shows have some crappie.com regulars including Jerry Blake and Terry Whaley. Hope you enjoy the shows.

Russ
www.midwestcrappie.com

jstlovtofish
11-26-2007, 04:16 PM
Hey thanks Russ. I personally really enjoy your shows. Can't wait to see the new additions. Keep up the good work.

ad1974
11-26-2007, 04:40 PM
That's great Russ...You have a really good show.

russ
11-26-2007, 05:10 PM
Thanks guys. I can't wait until the 2008 shows start in January. We have some good ones including spider rigging with Ronnie Capps and Steve Coleman!

Russ

old fuzzy
11-26-2007, 05:43 PM
thanks russ,very fine programs---fuzzy

gabowman
11-26-2007, 06:44 PM
Thanks Russ. Makes me want to go hitch the boat! :eek: :D

DKR
11-26-2007, 08:11 PM
Thanks, Russ.

creekslick
11-26-2007, 11:32 PM
Good show thanks.

bugman
11-27-2007, 08:59 AM
I upgraded my internet service just so i could watch your shows....well worth it thanks Russ.

russ
11-27-2007, 09:57 AM
Thanks Bugman! Glad you like the shows.

Russ
www.midwestcrappie.com

Quicksilver1958
11-27-2007, 06:00 PM
Hey Russ, Thanks for the heads up.. I checked it out last night.. Awesome stuff (even the one where you were fishing with my buddy weezur - lol)..

I enjoyed visiting with you at the CUSA Classic - even though I was kind of busy (pouring fish into sink)..

Thanks for everything that you do to promote this great sport !!!.. We're fortunate to have you out there..

russ
11-28-2007, 07:29 AM
Thanks Dale,

We didn't have alot of time for talking once the teams started weighing in, thats for sure!! Do you think you will make it up to Patoka?

Russ

speck chaser
11-28-2007, 07:40 AM
thanks i watched two last night

bugman
11-28-2007, 08:07 PM
Russ,
I watched the one where you were flipping pontoon's and it looked like you were fishing with a fixed bobber could you explain how you were getting that rig under the pontoon with a fixed bobber i can understand if it were a slip bobber.....thanks.

russ
11-28-2007, 08:25 PM
Hi Bugman,
You are right, it was a fixed bobber. It is a very small ice cork, just big enough to hold up the jig. This does take some practice, but once you get the hang of it, it is a great pattern to fish. Normally I will only used the cork if the fish are 1-3ft. under the surface. If they are deeper than that, I will normally go without the bobber. There are times where I will use a slip cork, but you really have to watch the line as it is going thru the cork. Sometimes it looks like the line is going thru, and makes the bobber move slightly, when it is actually a fish! That is why I like the small fixed cork. One thing to remember is that fishing under the cork and tight lining with a steady retrieve gives two completely different looks to the fish.

One of the things I talk about at seminars is that fishing is just like any other sport. To get better, nothing beats time on the water and PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!!!!

Give this a try, I really think you will enjoy it!

Russ
www.midwestcrappie.com

Quicksilver1958
11-28-2007, 09:54 PM
Thanks Dale,

We didn't have alot of time for talking once the teams started weighing in, thats for sure!! Do you think you will make it up to Patoka?

Russ

I'm already looking at my schedule... Hope to Qualify and "fish" Patoka. But if not, I plan on going to help out.. I enjoy helping with the tournies almost as much as fishing them..

bugman
11-28-2007, 11:02 PM
Thanks for the quick reply Russ.....i shoot docks and pontoons but have never tried fishing like that with a bobber i'll give it a shot.