Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wappapello or Lake Egypt?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wappapello or Lake Egypt?

Off Friday, and figured I would make my way down to either Wappapello or Lake Egypt. Anyone headed to either and want some company. I can also bring someone if they would like. Open to suggestions, just let me know.

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Lake egypt is a new one on me whats the story with the lake?
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Power plant lake in Southern Illinois. Water temp. last weekend was around 56-58 degrees on the north side of the lake. Might be the weekend if you know what I mean. It has great numbers of large crappie. I have made the trip over there twice this year and have caught 48 fish, NONE under 10". It is located just north of Goreville, IL

Let me know if you might want to make the trip!

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to try it but i have alot of work to do the next few days, loz is finally down to winter pool and i have 300 stakes to drive. Ever fished duck creek? the locals say 2 lb crappie are not rare ,it should be gettin close. I would like to make another trip down there, i was there 3 weeks ago and didnt do very good but i was too early,just wanted to check it out.

www.simplycrappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bugman
    I would like to try it but i have alot of work to do the next few days, loz is finally down to winter pool and i have 300 stakes to drive. Ever fished duck creek? the locals say 2 lb crappie are not rare ,it should be gettin close. I would like to make another trip down there, i was there 3 weeks ago and didnt do very good but i was too early,just wanted to check it out.
    Bugman,
    If you ever want to go down to Duck Creek and want a fishing buddy let me know. I will be pulling my boat home from Bull Shoals lake Easter Weekend.
    Duane

My soon to be ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead

Post Thanks / Like

i live about 10 miles from duck creek and have fished it quite a few times with decent success however i know some people who wear them out year after year. usually the last week of march is when they start to really slay them. small red and white jigs about 18 inches under a cork bobber thrown to cypress trees is a common way to catch a limit so i here.
    "Give me crappie, or give me death"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by adamr
    i live about 10 miles from duck creek and have fished it quite a few times with decent success however i know some people who wear them out year after year. usually the last week of march is when they start to really slay them. small red and white jigs about 18 inches under a cork bobber thrown to cypress trees is a common way to catch a limit so i here.
    Do they let bass boats on Duck Creek?
    Duane

My soon to be ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead

Post Thanks / Like

yeah, you can have as big a motor as you want, but anything over 10 hp, i believe must be driven at idle speed.
    "Give me crappie, or give me death"

Post Thanks / Like

Duane, from what i seen you probably wouldnt want to put a big boat in there it is super shallow with stumps everywhere. my little jon boat works well there. I'm planning a trip to mississippi next week and when i get back i might go back to duck creek and if i do i'll holler at ya.I hope that i get my big crappie fix in mississippi,i'm going to bee lake then to lake washington each for a day then to grenada for two days fishing and to help with the crappie masters tournament.

www.simplycrappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

Saw on a different website about some sort of fish kill at Duck Creek this past fall. I do know they had a major water problem in Pool #1 during duck season, however the guy on the other website says that the kill took almost 90% of the game species. I have no idea if this is true, just relaying the info that I read. I have to work 12 hours tomorrow or I would make a phone call down there to verify or discount this. I was actually thinking about fishing there this fri as well!

Let me know what you guys find out.

Mike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast