Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: I know its not crappie but wanted to let you know about the BS going on in California

Post Thanks / Like

Default I know its not crappie but wanted to let you know about the BS going on in California

One of the islands in the delta flooded last year (the islands here are actually below sea level and surrounded by levies). This is what happened when the government repaired the levy and pumped it...
    http://fishsniffer.com/dbachere/0711...ectisland.html

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I hope no fish kill like that ever happens around here. Sounds like nothing is gonna be done either. That's a shame.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Violating the laws of gravity costs. We saw folks in New Orleans suffering the same catastrophe. Some dams just don't work. Folks cuss 'em a lot. I guess that why they got "that" name.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

It is a shame, but realistically what are they supposed to do? If the water isn't safely navigable how were they supposed to save the fish? Practically, a few thousand fish in a body of water like the delta isn't a drastic loss, and isn't worth someone risking their lives to save. If it was really important to the people there I'm sure that some beater pontoon or kayak based effort could have been launched to save some of the more valuable the fish. I wouldn't like it either, and I know what your feeling because of the mishandling of the fishery on chautauqua lake which is getting worse and worse every year and its totally a man made management problem. There is simply nothing I can do to stop it or influence the people who control the lake mainly because they think they know everything, and they ignore the pleas and requests of anglers. All they care about is the almighty buck and property owners, not the ecology.
    Good things come to those who bait.